Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought it would be cool if Mazda could at least offer the BOSE package as an option on next years model Mazda3. That would be really neat. I know some people don't like BOSE, but for me personally, I don't mind it, the system is decent enough for me. I like the location of the sub on the Mazda6.

·
Registered
744 Posts
bluntman said:
It's funny how widespread the feeling of disdain for Bose runs, it's all over the home theatre scene and, to my surprise, it's also in the car audio scene.
It is because Bose uses the old style paper woofers. Paper woofers are known for great sound, but they can deteriorate over time more easily.

Bose's Subwoofers have a higher frequency range too. This means that replacing a Bose subwoofer with another brand of subwoofer will leave the higher bass sounds out, usually the sound provided by the woofers of a regular speaker. This might not be true in car audio, but it is in their home audio products.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Reasons everyone hates Bose:
1. Very expensive for the performance
2. They sue everyone under the sun that has something resembling a Bose product.
3. They patent technologies that have already been invented and used. For example: A transmission line enclosure was renamed "acoustic guide" (or whatever Bose calls it) and is being sold at a ridiculous price.
4. Trying to use one driver to produce the entire audio spectrum, falling VERY short, yet saying it sounds amazing. Yea, its impressive what they can do, but it can be fairly easily reproduced for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
28 Posts
for the price you can put an after market 220-watt+ system in that will kill any Bose system. Bose is for the person will more money than time.... which I wish I was.

·
Registered
744 Posts
WiseYoda said:
for the price you can put an after market 220-watt+ system in that will kill any Bose system. Bose is for the person will more money than time.... which I wish I was.
:lol: he he he... nice

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kazbaeden said:
I have a friend like that. He'll go to tweeter and come out with boxes of Bose.
Really?? Tell him that I can get a good deal on some nice beach front property in New Mexico. :wink:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I mean they aren't bad, I wonder how long they last though. I mean my dad has the Bose system in his Benz, and it has lasted for almost 3 years now. If you are someone who bumps it loud like at 3/4 volume how long will it last?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are the Harmon Kardon systems any better?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess BOSE is detested by many, is there a way where someone can request it as a premieum sound package?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts