Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking apart the LCD today on my Mazda 3 I, and noticed that the LCD (when looked at from an angle) has all the "trip miles" and other visual controls that I have seen on S models. Is it possible to somehow activate these controls, or is mazda merely just mass producing the LCD screens and they use both for both types of cars.

I read somewhere on here that if you hold Load or something and press up on the volume controls you can activate your mpg etc, but I never got that to work. Any Suggestions?

And this is my first post YAY! I've been reading this forums ever since I got my Mazda and these forums are the best.

I've also done a good number of mods to my car which i'll have to write about here in the future.!!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
[quote author=Rdk87 link=topic=68439.msg1182438#msg1182438 date=1170394676]
or is mazda merely just mass producing the LCD screens and they use both for both types of cars.
[/quote]

Yep.

There's a thread in the Electronics section about one member who managed to activate the MPG computer, but of the 30+ people in there who tried it, it only worked for a couple.

·
Registered
32 Posts
you can "activate" the controls by buying the new mp3 cd/changer head unit (it cames with trip computer)... That's if you are willing to spend $400 + labor on it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I read on here ( someone else posted a similar question ) and there is a difference between the full AC and the manual AC there are a plethora of componets that are added and therfore those functions on the LCD are necessary. However with the cheaper ( although not by much ) 3i there is no Full AC. Do a search for it i'm sure you can find it.

:closed:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts