Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the accolade eyelids, they suck ass. The material sucks and cannot be painted properly long story short I am looking for good ones.

I *now decided to not consider fiberglass ones, only ABS plastic. speedline I heard sucks, I have heard good things about silvia parts. I know the speedline one is ABS, not sure aboue silvia parts.

Any comments?

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
how come you couldn't paint them?

this is the first ive heard about accolade parts not being able to get painted?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I guess the sedan and the hatchback have different type of headlights because silvia parts eyelids for the sedan are $55 and the hatch are $80

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=montes313 link=topic=66704.msg1144817#msg1144817 date=1168551727]
It says that shipping is included in the total price of $80 for the hatch and $55 for the sedan.
[/quote]

Nice. I'm just wondering about the painting, though. I wonder if they can do special colors, too, i.e. Whitewater Pearl

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I have the silviaparts.com eylids on my hatch. I really liked Mattleegee's so I bought some as well. They are fiberglass. Fit was probably a 8/10. They do require a lot of test fitting and a fair amount of tape to get them just right. The paint is pretty good, given that there will always be a variation of how the paint will look on various materials as well as how the paint cures on different materials (metal, ABS, Fiberglass, etc.). Here are some pics of the prepainted ones I ordered on my car:

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I got some SilviaParts.com eyelids. I like them a lot! For everyone that has asked me where to get some good quailty ones i told them to get it at SilviaParts.com. Here are some pics on my car. I also have a sedan.

So get on them and order them hehe. Great customer service when I dealt with them.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
nice i really like those, and the fact that their pre-painted is a plus.. well worth the price to have them painted there then to search out some place locally..

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah they couldnt be painted properly even thou they were primed the paint keeps seeing thru and saturating the thing and creates a bad finish n etc.

since the hatch ones are fiberglass are the sedan ones the same? For the guy with the sedan, i may have missed it but did u get your prepainted? If not was there much prep work to do did you send it out to get painted?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts