Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. im looking into buying the gtvr mazda 3 sedan kit from accolade. looks really nice but some people say there are horror stories about Accolade...please let me know if youve had problems or know people who had problems with them! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
well, i got the m300 front bumper, gtvr rear bumper + bay r motors side skirts (similar to gtvr $150 vs. $375)... fitment is 95% unless you get it molded to the body... I still got a couple of exterior mods + turbo kit to install before I am willing to commit to that idea... the main complaint for me is you have to remove impact bars and plastic mounts to install f/r bumpers... The 3m tape does not work on the side skirts... I zipped tie mine in various spots and cut the extra off versus drilling... you can't tell at all... I am having mine reinstalled and the bumper molded around the impact bars for extra support (no support will cause stress fractures) and safety in the rear. I have a custom removable bracket mounted in the front for now, but will probably get the front impact bar reinstalled and molded too...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ill let you know, my kit is currently at the painters now and its the full GTV-R kit.

·
Registered
887 Posts
idk about accolades fitment nowadays. but these kits had HORRIBLE fitment back in the day.. (on the 3 that is). my neighbor had the gtvr and took it in 4 times to be refitted because the fitment was so off. the rear had to be cut in half and stretched about an inch to even fit...

personally, i steer away from accolade. although they may have improved u never know.

·
Registered
358 Posts
We did improve our kits compared to 3 years ago, our fitment is around 95-99% Percentile, No full body kit on the market now is 100% perfect fitment, However our customers in Asia, Australia, EU never have any problems and fit it near 100% exacting? we try out best. All body kits for the most part require some work to prep and fit, if you search you will not really see any major issues within the last 2-3 years, and as a testament to this fact there are always customers posting pictures of accolade kitted cars, and we also post pics of grateful customers who send us pics for our site!! so clearly it can be done with ease.

·
Registered
887 Posts
[quote [email protected] link=topic=136459.msg2951029#msg2951029 date=1235178022]
We did improve our kits compared to 3 years ago, our fitment is around 95-99% Percentile, No full body kit on the market now is 100% perfect fitment, However our customers in Asia, Australia, EU never have any problems and fit it near 100% exacting? we try out best. All body kits for the most part require some work to prep and fit, if you search you will not really see any major issues within the last 2-3 years, and as a testament to this fact there are always customers posting pictures of the accolade kitted cars, and we also post them, so clearly it can be done with ease.
[/quote]

i wouldnt agree with that... alot of people complained 3 years ago.. although idk about recently.. ill take your word for it.

and its as you said... your kits fit fine in ASIA AND EUROPE. but the cars im talking about were in north america...

im just hoping you guys really improved the product as apposed to saying you did and just cheating someone out on a poorly fitting bumper.

·
Registered
358 Posts
/\ It is okay, We have the most customers when it comes to Mazda 3 Body Kits for a reason.. Whether the customer wishes to purchase from us or not is up to his discretion. We have the customer base to prove that our products are functional and are being used as desired. We are always getting emails from Happy customers, it seems Mazda3forums has attacked all exterior parts suppliers at sometime or another, whether it be LaraW and BaysonR, or another Extreme Dimensions negative fitment thread.. no one supplier has escaped scrutiny. Yet that hasn't stopped others from successfully using their products, just as it hasn't stopped others from successfully using our parts.. we do have customers satisfied with their purchase. And they are by far the most numerous, that is to say there are more accolade customers with mazda 3 kits from us than any other manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
[quote [email protected] link=topic=136459.msg2951082#msg2951082 date=1235179342]
/\ It is okay, We have the most customers when it comes to Mazda 3 Body Kits for a reason.. Whether the customer wishes to purchase from us or not is up to his discretion. We have the customer base to prove that our products are functional and are being used as desired. We are always getting emails from Happy customers, it seems Mazda3forums has attacked all exterior parts suppliers at sometime or another, whether it be LaraW and BaysonR, or another Extreme Dimensions negative fitment thread.. no one supplier has escaped scrutiny. Yet that hasn't stopped others from successfully using their products, just as it hasn't stopped others from successfully using our parts.. we do have customers satisfied with their purchase. And they are by far the most numerous, that is to say there are more accolade customers with mazda 3 kits from us than any other manufacturer.
[/quote]
I'm a happy with the accolade kit... It's not perfect but what aftermarket stuff is? Beside, I get a lot of compliments where ever I go... I actually just ordered another gtvr rear bumper from body-kits.com this week... Hopes it get here soon :) ... but here is some pix... not the best but they have to do... I'll get some better ones once I get my car back with the new mods: debadge trunk, shaved reflectors, 07 oem tail lights, refitted with impact bar, refitted rear bumper around exhaust tip (like the b2 rear bumper) ...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
[quote author=Youngun link=topic=136459.msg2951847#msg2951847 date=1235208042]
thats not an Accolade kit, he used to have the GTVR bumper cover.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it is.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i live in Montreal Canada (so i gotta handle those harsh winters!) and i wanna know which material is better. Accolade offers the choice between poly fiber or Thermal Flex Fiber. Which one is better? let me know guys Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
[quote author=Emilian link=topic=136459.msg2952115#msg2952115 date=1235233828]
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it is.
[/quote]
Do you want me to prove you wrong, look closer at the front. That is the +INGS and he is the only one in the US from my understanding with it on.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
[quote author=RodanMz3 link=topic=136459.msg2953058#msg2953058 date=1235276777]
i live in Montreal Canada (so i gotta handle those harsh winters!) and i wanna know which material is better. Accolade offers the choice between poly fiber or Thermal Flex Fiber. Which one is better? let me know guys Thanks!!!
[/quote]
don't want to rain on your parade but i don't ever drive my car in the winter at Maine... there is no good body kit that would last... a good size ice chunk on the street and you end up with a crack front bumper... currently my car is on stock springs and with my body kit it is about 4" off the ground... so if you get 6-12" of snow every now and then (at least here in Maine and with my front bumper) my car would become a snow plow... lol

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
how much is the accolade kit? it looks stunnin

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
[quote author=Carowen link=topic=136459.msg2953431#msg2953431 date=1235308799]
how much is the accolade kit? it looks stunnin
[/quote]
It's about 1200... go to body-kits.com and they will email you a quote..

·
Registered
601 Posts
[quote author=Youngun link=topic=136459.msg2953152#msg2953152 date=1235279855]
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it is.
[/quote]
Do you want me to prove you wrong, look closer at the front. That is the +INGS and he is the only one in the US from my understanding with it on.
[/quote]

like he said thats the ing+1 replica that roddy got a long time ago. He had the accolade at first but found the ings+1 and switched it out.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
[quote author=JonTran025 link=topic=136459.msg2953840#msg2953840 date=1235328004]
[quote author=Youngun link=topic=136459.msg2953152#msg2953152 date=1235279855]
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it is.
[/quote]
[/quote]

like he said thats the ing+1 replica that roddy got a long time ago. He had the accolade at first but found the ings+1 and switched it out.
[/quote]

+2... you can tell by the vent openings on the front, side, plus the lip is a giveaway... if you want to see his ride when he had the gtvr front bumper type in a search on the exterior mod section...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote author=bkngo link=topic=136459.msg2953418#msg2953418 date=1235302014]
[/quote]
don't want to rain on your parade but i don't ever drive my car in the winter at Maine... there is no good body kit that would last... a good size ice chunk on the street and you end up with a crack front bumper... currently my car is on stock springs and with my body kit it is about 4" off the ground... so if you get 6-12" of snow every now and then (at least here in Maine and with my front bumper) my car would become a snow plow... lol
[/quote]

I know i dont really drive my car alot in the winter. When we get those snow storms i keep my car at home. but is the Thermal Flex Fiber really better than the poly fiber stuff?? i wanna know if its actually more resistant to weather conditions and resistant to minor bumps and stuff? let me know thanks!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
[quote author=RodanMz3 link=topic=136459.msg2954352#msg2954352 date=1235349486]
[quote author=bkngo link=topic=136459.msg2953418#msg2953418 date=1235302014]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I know i dont really drive my car alot in the winter. When we get those snow storms i keep my car at home. but is the Thermal Flex Fiber really better than the poly fiber stuff?? i wanna know if its actually more resistant to weather conditions and resistant to minor bumps and stuff? let me know thanks!!
[/quote]

here's where I order my accolade body kit... check out this link because it has info about tff you're looking for... http://www.body-kit.com/thermoflexfiber.html

1 - 20 of 26 Posts