Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering what amount of initial mileage on the car at the time of delivery is considered "acceptable". I remember my Protege had like 150Kms on it and the dealer said that it was normal.

EDIT: Thread title (so it fits) :twisted:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I picked up my 3 with 9 miles.

150kms... means it was test driven vehicle.

·
Registered
882 Posts
My Pro5 I picked up with all of 16 on it if I remember right. My 3 had 70ish when I picked it up. I know mine was test driven before I bought it by at least a few people, including myself. :) I don't really mind I mean 70kms ain't all that much in the grand scheme of things and considering the newness of the car I was expecting that with the handful of 3's they had at launch that someone may drive one of them.

150kms isn't that much, just know that 90% of people who test drive with salesguys in the car drive like a bunch of wimps. :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
I picked up my MZ6 with 1.7 miles on it.

But technically a "new car" can have up to 5,000.
:shock: 5000KM would sill be considered NEW?!?!?! That's a whole lot of KMs for a new car. The break in period would have been done with already.

·
Registered
947 Posts
My 3s HB had 2 miles on it when I bought it. I would have been okay with anything under 25 miles. I drove a car with 47 miles on it and it just didn't feel right, even though it's probably just in my mind.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
bobmtb said:
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
I picked up my MZ6 with 1.7 miles on it.

But technically a "new car" can have up to 5,000.
:shock: 5000KM would sill be considered NEW?!?!?! That's a whole lot of KMs for a new car. The break in period would have been done with already.
Not 5,000 km. 5,000 MILES. In every US state I know of, anyway.

Of course, they'd never actually sell one at full price with that many miles... you'd get at least a grand off if not more, you'd certainly know ahead of time.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I would like to have anything under 25 miles. At most probably 4 or 5 people have test drove the car.

·
Registered
656 Posts
150 km? Definitely has been test-driven.
Anything under 50 km is acceptable. Our last new car was driven around 10 km's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine had exactly 65 miles when I purches the car. My dealer didn't have it so they searched for the car and the only one that was aviable was in san diego. So the truck transported the mazda 3 to riverside and i guess one of the dealers drove it all the way to los angeles.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mine has 24km. My salesman told me that many people do not accept new cars with more than 50km. After all, people don't like the cars they are buying to be some sort of demo cars.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts