Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Mazda3 S for a week and a half now and I love it, but the dealership manage to mess it up somehow trying to install the ipod adapter. Now the AC/Rear Defroster buttons won't work. They said the fuse is good and everything is connected, but couldn't figure out why it won't work. They ordered a new part and hopefully it'll be fix this week.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Unless you have the automatic climate control, you can't really remove the HVAC unit anyway. They definitely did something they shouldn't have.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote author=phannarith link=topic=65365.msg1120748#msg1120748 date=1167161376]
Had my Mazda3 S for a week and a half now and I love it, but the dealership manage to mess it up somehow trying to install the ipod adapter. Now the AC/Rear Defroster buttons won't work. They said the fuse is good and everything is connected, but couldn't figure out why it won't work. They ordered a new part and hopefully it'll be fix this week.
[/quote]OMG, please tell me this isn't Gaithersburg Mazda... They could screw up ANYTHING.

Okay, the service director for that dealership is NOT at that dealership.. he works at the Acura dealership behind the mazda dealership (They are run by the same person.) The GM of the Mazda dealership is also the GM of the Acura dealership...

Why does this matter? Because if you're bitching at a service person outside of the mazda dealership, they don't care. If your doing it in front of the Acura dealership, they DO care. Read this thread for my own experiences with Gaithersburg Mazda service:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=61403.msg1048776

If you'd like details on some of this stuff, send me a PM and I'll try to scrape up the names, etc. It's been almost two months since my experiences with them, but I suspect they'd remember me considering the way I walked up their "chain of command" until I got answers I was happy with...

Here's another suggestion: If you bought the car with the ipod adpater installed (meaning that the cost was included in the amount you paid for the car initially), it's covered by both the Mazda warranty, AND also by Maryland's lemon law. Tell them if they can't fix it, perhaps they need to replace the entire car. Do this politely and in an offhand manner. It's only an idle threat until they are "unable to fix" it 3 times in a row, but it might wake them up...

Go to the website for rosenthal acura (rosenthalacura.com, I think.. google it..) Compare the 'about' page to the one for gaithesburgmazda.com. The GM is the same person. On the acura website, he spews something about making people 100% happy 100% of the time. If you find that you have to resort to complaining in public spaces, be sure to quote that. For myself, I was in the sales area in the Acura side and loudly "mentioned" to the person I was speaking to that his GM claims to make people happy 100% of the time.. and then asked if that only applies up until the moment the paperwork was signed, as I was VERY disturbed by the horrible work their service department performed.

Like I said.. if you want some tips on dealing with this particular dealership's service department, send me a PM and I'd be happy to help...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts