Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My fiance has noticed that the AC doesn't get as cold as it used to in her car with the max levels on (we live in north central florida, we use it a lot). I don't know too much about AC systems because I ride my motorcycle as my means of transportation, but I know enough about physics and chemistry to think that over a course of 4 years that there may be some leakage from this system or loss of effectiveness from the coolant. However my dad says that with newer cars, there shouldn't be a need to recharge. I don't know I just want to make her happy, the car is her baby. Is there a kit at local auto stores for me to recharge the system or do I need to take it back to Mazda or Tires Plus to get it checked out.

Thanks for your input,
David

·
Registered
879 Posts
i believe eventually you will need to recharge.

I had a 10yo car that never had a recharge or leak. Took slightly longer to cool at the start, but very frequently i'd have to lower it or turn it off because it was so clod. This is in the West Central FL area..

·
Registered
269 Posts
If it's not under warranty, you should go get a refrigerant line pressure gauge.
Hooks up to the low-pressure valve and gives you an idea if you need to recharge or not.

My 2005 was OK when I tested it last summer. But that doesn't mean that yours won't need some more refrigerant.

·
Registered
396 Posts
you can buy a test thermometer at the parts store to see how cold the AC is doing, have read where the AC will only cool the outside air about 20 degrees cooler, so if its 90 outside, will cool down to 70 +/-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts