Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like a lot of people mis-understood him. He isn't trying to sell anything on the forum. I PMed him and we chat for a little. I won't be posting out our conversation since I never asked him for his agreement and they're in Chinease anyways.

Anyways, here's the story:

Due to the requirement of his job, he works with LEDs and circuit design. He just happened to know this one factory that manufacture taillights for Mazda 3 through business. Because the gentleman himself drives a Mazda 3 as well, he wanted to make something different. The factory already has mold for the housing, reflector and etc., all he did was to change the layout of the circuit and change the bulbs to LEDs. All he made were prototypes and the 2nd version is actually going into production. Long story short, he designed them out of his own interest and the manufacturer just happen to take his 2nd design and mass produce it since the molds for housing & reflector are already made. He is not here to try to scam anyone, since he doesn't make anything and has nothing to sell.

(I'm guessing he meant he made two prototypes out of a prototype that already existed)

The $940 USD he mentioned was the money he spent to make the first prototype. He did mentioned he spent a little less on the 2nd one. The other pricings he talked about are probably the pricings that he got from the manufacturer since a lot of people got too excited and asked for pricings.

He's not even sure where they'll be selling these to nor when they'll be in the market.

Just thought that I should clear things out a little.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
That's how i read it when following the other thread. Not sure what everyone else's interpretation was...

Pretty clear to me that he wasn't selling anything nor was he attempting to guage a potential selling price for the manufacturer.

I do hope that the v2 gets to market.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts