Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to make the doors look automatically when you drive or when you put it in gear? I had a focus and that did it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I got my power locks put in by the dealership after I bought the car and it came with this feature. When you turn the car on, it locks the doors automatically, when you shut the engine off they unlock. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no option in the computer? I know some cars can but you need to program them... and I am not an ebay person.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Don't knock TheSpeedline just because they have an eBay store. They have quality, OEM parts. They just happen to use eBay to host their website and are well respected on this forum.

There is no "trick" to program the locks to lock automatically. I've researched this thoroughly as I've wanted the same feature myself. The kit sold by TheSpeedline is the only option that I've found.

·
Registered
409 Posts
^ how has the kit been treating ya?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I still haven't got it yet. There is way too much wiring to be done and it's a low priority. In the meantime, I'm fine with pressing the lock button once in the car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Also, any aftermarket "keyless entry" will have this feature, even the cheapies.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Observation / question:

The speedlock instructions are for installing on a automatic only: their is a vehicle speed sensor connection on the PCU for automatics. This is not present for manual transmission cars. It *is* possible to pick off a vehicle-speed signal from the connector on the back of the instrument cluster... would this signal have the same pulse rate as the one from PCU?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts