Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with great regret that I tell everyone here that I got rid of my Mazda 3. I love the car, but after putting 45000 hard miles on it in less than 2 years, it seemed that it was time to move on. I had a change in my job situation, my daughter bought a car that we needed to insure, and I realized that something a lot cheaper with a lot better gas mileage was the way to go. So, after going thru the Carmax website, I was able to have them give me 2000 over my payout for the car, and I had to give up my car. Here is the last picture of me with my 3 hatch:

You guys are gonna puke when you see what I bought:

I have been very depressed all day long...I loved that car so much but it did not make sense to keep it, escpecially with all that has been going on.
:cry:

Ok ok. Now onto reality...

I did give up the three, for all the reasons I stated.
But instead of being smart or conservative, I did this instead:

If you cannot tell what car I am in front of...

My new Cosmic Blue speed3!!!
:irock:

I got it at Palm Beach Mazda. The car was sold at msrp, but I got a killer price on my trade--4000 higher than any other dealer was offering, and the people treated me like royalty. The finance guy was fantastic, and my salesman Paco only lied to me once, I called him out on it and he admitted his "error" on the invoice price. Once we were in agreement about the deal, I was out of there with a new car in less than an hour.

They gave me 13k for my car (the other dealer I was looking at this week offered me 9500 for the trade with a 1800 dollar markup on the vehicle--bastards!).
I put 1600 down, bought the lojack and the 7/75000 warranty (at the insistence of my wife--lets not go there) and my payments are at 375. A little more than I wanted but will manage.

Right now, Robert is a VERY HAPPY GUY!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Now THAT is a trade worth talking about. Welcome to the club. It's fast here.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
lol

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah I did not get it back to the house until about 8 pm.

Today or tomorrow is ZAINO day. Pics to follow...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Congrats! I liked the way you told the story!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is blatant plagarism of a far better writer than myself...but copying is the sincerest form of flattery right? :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
[quote author=Greykiller2005 link=topic=70519.msg1233681#msg1233681 date=1172515792]
It is blatant plagarism of a far better writer than myself...but copying is the sincerest form of flattery right? :lol:
[/quote]

HAH!
If you say so man..... :D

Bigtime congrats man - I know how long you have been after the Speed and planning for this...... told you it would finally happen!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
610 Posts
[quote author=Greykiller2005 link=topic=70519.msg1233523#msg1233523 date=1172513666]
Yah I did not get it back to the house until about 8 pm.

Today or tomorrow is ZAINO day. Pics to follow...
[/quote]

I just had my MS3 waxed with one coat of Klasse folowed by one coat of P21S and the car looks great! I was told that the Klasse/P21S combo is the best for black cars.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
^^^ I am digging the classic AR's on that stang. Looks awesome.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the site, Burke! Did I plagarize your story well?

It is raining in Palm Beach right now, hopefully I will get some alonetime with the car early tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i felt bad for you when i saw that cavalier... and I wanted to punch you when I saw you actually got a ms3.

congrats man :)

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
That was no Cavalier. That were a Metro. Which i'd still rather have than a Cavalier.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
oh snap. didn't realize there was a chevy metro. didn't really look at the pic (just the badge and the hood), and all I have ever heard of is geo metro. Anyone know if the Chevy Metro was sold in Canada when they changed it from Geo?

·
Registered
725 Posts
You sir, suck. :D I felt so bad for you when I saw that poor excuse for an econobomb. At least you traded up!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
[quote author=b1unt3d link=topic=70519.msg1234982#msg1234982 date=1172541112]
oh snap. didn't realize there was a chevy metro. didn't really look at the pic (just the badge and the hood), and all I have ever heard of is geo metro. Anyone know if the Chevy Metro was sold in Canada when they changed it from Geo?
[/quote]

I think it was. I seem to remember the Geo brand going away globally all at the same time.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i googled it earlier and "The Metro enjoyed a decent run, first as a Geo from 1989 through 1997, then as a Chevrolet from 1998 to the model's final year in 2001. " But I have no memory of a Chevy Metro, which is why I asked if it was ever sold in Canada as a Chevy Metro.

i do remember the pontiac firefly hah.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts