Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lurking around for the past 6 months conducting research on this car, I have finally drop the stick and brought the '10!

Crystal White, moonroof packet, no technology as I felt it wasn't that needed.

As it's already late at night, I will try to get some picture up and running sometime this week! Man...white is so BLINDING! And looking at it in a rear view mirror...I HAVE A HAPPY CLOWN chasing down other cars =p

So...this is my ride before the transition to the new one. I loved it, even though it was extremely old, plus it was on the verge of death. (It's amazing how old this car is but the paint seem looks nice)

:) Here is my new ride! It's so delicious :p Picture does this car no justice.

Man at night, this car lights up like a firework...well compared to my old car haha

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea ill put up some pics tonight, then it won't be an epic fail anymore :p

But all I really have to say is a big "WHOA"

coming from a 1992 corolla with absolutely nothing on it, manual everything (windows, locks) this car goes BAM on my face. the buttons as everyone has mention are pretty packed together, but it's really easy to get used to for some reason.

only thing that i'm really wondering is that after my drive to school today, i smell something like burnt tires on the passenger side of my car, and yes the e-brake was down. is that the work on an ABS system? :shock:?

·
Registered
792 Posts
congrats on the new ride! it great how a new mazda is received when you come from an old car.. I upgraded my 98 sentra into a 07 hatch.. Enjoy the ride and take care of it! GL

·
Registered
804 Posts
[quote author=killantonio link=topic=139699.msg3013101#msg3013101 date=1237862545]
...only thing that i'm really wondering is that after my drive to school today, i smell something like burnt tires on the passenger side of my car, and yes the e-brake was down. is that the work on an ABS system? :shock:?
[/quote]You really are used to driving that old car, aren't you ;)

Most new cars will smell of burning plastic and rubber for the first 1,000 miles or so. It's just the plastics getting baked-in, no harm.

·
Registered
119 Posts
[quote author=killantonio link=topic=139699.msg3011045#msg3011045 date=1237793605]
(It's amazing how old this car is but the paint seem looks nice)
[/quote]

Yeah, old cars have great paint because back then there weren't so many environment regulations. Manufacturers could use really toxic stuff to make thick coats of durable, high-bonding paint. Now it costs a lot more to make a good paint job so you usually can only find them on high-end brands (BMW, Lexus, Mercedes etc). Low-end and average brands (Mazda included) almost universally have weak/thin paint that chips easily. Make sure to get a clear bra on your new car's bumper ASAP.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=MHadden link=topic=139699.msg3013673#msg3013673 date=1237899911]
[quote author=killantonio link=topic=139699.msg3013101#msg3013101 date=1237862545]
...only thing that i'm really wondering is that after my drive to school today, i smell something like burnt tires on the passenger side of my car, and yes the e-brake was down. is that the work on an ABS system? :shock:?
[/quote]You really are used to driving that old car, aren't you ;)

Most new cars will smell of burning plastic and rubber for the first 1,000 miles or so. It's just the plastics getting baked-in, no harm.
[/quote]

I really hope thats all to it :oops: the burning smell is only coming from where the coolant is and no where else. but if it is in fact just plastic burning, then man am I behind time since my old car got no plastic whatsoever in it :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey would you mind saying how much you got it for? In the market and just want to have an idea of how much other people are paying to give me an idea during bargaining.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats on your new 3. They look really sharp in white.

My family had an 89 corolla for nearly a decade. Good little car, but the Florida sun turned it from red to pink pretty quick. Pretty amazing though how much small cars have changed in a relatively short period of time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=fleemos link=topic=139699.msg3016057#msg3016057 date=1237987613]
hey would you mind saying how much you got it for? In the market and just want to have an idea of how much other people are paying to give me an idea during bargaining.
[/quote]

Well I manage to get the S-plan pricing and got it for 23,071 before TTL and all that stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[quote author=killantonio link=topic=139699.msg3016893#msg3016893 date=1238009405]
[quote author=fleemos link=topic=139699.msg3016057#msg3016057 date=1237987613]
[/quote]

Well I manage to get the S-plan pricing and got it for 23,071 before TTL and all that stuff.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot. Going with my friend so he can trade in his corolla as soon as he gets his tax return $$. Just good to have some idea how much to bargain towards.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Whoa! That shot of the side, makes it look like a 4 door Civic SI :hide:

·
Registered
25 Posts
[quote author=killantonio link=topic=139699.msg3016893#msg3016893 date=1238009405]
[/quote]

this may be a dumb question...i'm a bit of a noob to mazda3s lol...exactly what is S-plan pricing and how do you get it? mind if i ask how much you paid total OTD?

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
the more members we see loving these rides, the more commonplace the smile will be and everyone will finally accept it. It's really growing on me.... but still waiting for the next gen speed3!!!

it's a great car man, you'll love it. That interior is really sweet at night!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
S-plan is something called the Supplier plan if i'm correct. basically its a discount for companies that supplies stuff to mazda.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Damn, I just discovered this section of the forums today. I've been trying to find photos of the 3 in white and grey for a while now and managed to find both in the same place. Your car looks awesome! The interior night shot looks great too. And the paint on your old corolla looks ridiculously good for it's age.

Grey or White. That is the question... argh....

BTW, grats on the new car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts