Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran across a post on www.mazdaiii.com that I figured I would repost here. Obviously this wouldn't work too well with the side airbags (or maybe it would depending on how they come out), but most certainly it would work well for those with the SAB option.

DD SP3 said:
Hello everyone,

Maybe there are a few of you that have heard of Digital Designs; the company I work for. I wanted to show you all what will be available for the cars sometime in mid-late spring. We are developing a new 80mm midrange, jointly with a German manufacturer. The midrange and tweeter you see in the below pictures are made by the same oem manufacturer as 90+% of VIFA and the other Tymphany subsidiary companies. They are VIFA quality, but still not quite up to par. This is the only reason for the Pillars not being available right now. The tweeters that will be matched with the new midrange are our own 28mm vented back units. They utilize 8) 1/8" vents in the back plate, located at the bottom of the voice coil gap. This helps to make it an absolutely wicked tweeter with an Fs of 500Hz in a small, high power handling package. The Pillars will only come loaded with the drivers mentioned above. The pics you see here are of a set made for our '05 Toyota Tacoma. The layout and stitching will be identical for the SP3. They constist of the fiberglass mould and 5 separate pieces of vinyl double stitched with extreme consistency and quality. The mid and tweet will each have their own in-line 12dB/oct xover mounted to the back of the pillar. That is for those that don't have killer amps that do it right in the first place.......(active). Enough babble already. If you are interested in them for your 3, give me a show of hands by emailing me your interest to [email protected] and put "Mazda 3 A-Pillars" in the subject line please.

I look forward to being a contributing member of this forum.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
yeah that leather wrap looks soooooo nice... way better than what others would do, like plastic or fiberglass stuff.

Gets a thumbs up from me, that would look so stock (in a clean way) and make your car look that much more luxurious.

tell ppl you got 10.1 speaker surround sound. lol. 6 in car, and these looks like 2 speakers in each pillar?
if not, 8.1 speaker surround sound is still tight. 0.1 = subwoofer im pretty sure, for those that got one.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that's a tweeter, and a midrange, so I suppose you could put just a woofer in the door panel where the current speaker is. I don't know how that would effect the sound imaging.... perhaps some of the audio gurus can shed some light on this for us.

I wonder if the Mz3 version will be in that gray/black vinyl or if he'll match it to the light gray already used on the pillars.

I would love to have a full surround system in my car.... yeah, it's not that necessary, but for instance I love the one in my friend's BMW 335i. You can have full sound that is awesome everywhere in the car, but still be able to talk to the person sitting next to you without raising your voice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts