Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i plan on getting an exhaust at some time in the future. however i refuse to pay $400+ for some pipe. i have never bought a premade cat back for any of my last cars.

option 1:
trubendz 2.25 aluminum piping kit. $120
magnaflow 11225 offset in center out oval muffler (2.25 in/out) less than $69
magnaflow 12645 6inch round 18inch long magnaflow resonator. less than $78
total $267 + 12 pack of blue moon for welding.

option 2:
TSUDO catback $190 shipped
2 12866 magnaflow 5inch round resonators less than $160
grand total of $350

i have not heard a single cat back made for this car that i like the sound of enough to pay a bunch of money for. and i can not stand loud obnoxious farty exhausts. this is the reason for the numerous resonators.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
have you heard the mazdaspeed one? :( it's really nice. (aside from the weld cracking which i easily fixed with a tube of jb stick weld)

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
well the tsudo is mega fart can and loud as hell. i'd not recommend that at all.

second, anything you make for the car, there's a catback that sounds similar.

i mean the trubendz is just gonna sound like a magnaflow/mazdaspeed. unless you start getting in to chambered solutions, you're gonna just have a magnaflow sound pitch shifted to be deeper.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i got a 2.5 inch trubendz wit hte magnaflow high flow cat and magnaflow muffler and i really like hte sound of it. Its not that loud and to me doesnt sound farty. all my friends say it sounds nice. cant beat hte price of the trubendz kit either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts