Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the dealer today...

asked about four questions until the dork salesman actually said "oh mate, we don't know, the cars only just arrived, too hard" this was in response to my question about replacing the rear tail lights and or front grill.

anyway, found a nice girl in accessory sales ( she was helping in car sales for the day )

audio controls on wheel > only option is to purchase steering wheel for sp23 and wire it myself ( haven't got pricing yet )

sunroof > $1900

replacing rear red lights with clear/black ones > $735

she also gave me a great brochure with loads of options like front grill, two spoilers, front air dam etc etc...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shaund > sunroof? dealer fit?

no i dont think they do it onsite. i think they get another firm to do it for them.

conceptor > Did u ask about the leather option ?

no sorry i didnt, i dont want leather so i never thought to ask.

oh i forgot one more extra....

colour matching door handles and side mouldings > $280
it appears they do it all the time - but she said she'd have to confirm prices.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thats good news to hear about the door handles costing $280. Seeing in person they dont look too bad but still they will annoy you after a while.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The price would be cheaper without the door moldings. Change the handles only. IMO take the black ones off and leave them off (unless you are gonna be parked in a shopping centre day in day out)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Here's something for us forum members. Hoen has produced a new line of HID look-a-like bulbs. More details here: http://mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1229

I'm not familiar with bulbs at all, but basically, for USD60, we get 2 Xenonmatch Titanium low beams (70w H7) and 2 for the fog lights (55w H11). It is recommended that you keep the stock bulbs for the high beams.

Order here: http://www.hoen-usa.com/mazda3.htm

I've checked with the sponsor a_kaup and yes, Hoen do ship to Australia. Postage is estimated to be USD 18, so total price about USD78 or roughly AUD103 for the 4 bulbs. I am still waiting to get my MZ3 so if anyone goes ahead with the order, do let us know how it turns out.

Or if anyone know of any equivalents in Oz, including prices, (like I said, I am not familiar with this topic and have not done any research), do let us know too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I am new to the forum but have been reading it for months now.
Spoke to my dealer yesterday who told me that it'll cost me $2,500 to get the Mazda6 sunroof installed the SP23 Sedan. Just wondering if i am getting ripped off or whether its a good price.
Am meeting up with the dealer again on friday to see what kind of price his prepared to give me for my car, told him ill pay him cash and expect a really good deal on the sunroof, trade in and extras.

Think payn cash would help?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Akroot said:
Think payn cash would help?
Sorry to say, but I think probably not. These cars are selling really well at the moment so I wouldn't expect any deals. The dealer will probably throw in floor mats and/or tint but not likely to take $$ off. Even if they give you a 'good' price, they'll probably take it back in the trade-in valuation.

Looks like quite a big discrepancy with the prices quoted for the sunroof. askew was quote $1,900. Then again, it depends on whether it is a tilt/slide sunroof. With dealer fit options, these can really vary depending on where you are.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Akroot said:
Spoke to my dealer yesterday who told me that it'll cost me $2,500 to get the Mazda6 sunroof installed the SP23 Sedan. Just wondering if i am getting ripped off or whether its a good price.
i was quoted $2300 from an aftermarket place here in perth, here's a link to the Webasto sunroofs that most everyone in Australia uses.

http://www.sunroofcentre.com.au/products/sunroofs/s700.html

http://www.webasto.com.au/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs_792.html

i was also quoted $1900 or so from the dealer, but in my excitment didnt confirm it was the same sunroof as the ones listed above.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I went to the dealership today and they quoted me $1000 for painted door handles on the neo!!! wat a rip off.

BTW does anyone know how much are 15" alloys, I didnt ask them.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah, i asked my dealer to add 15" alloys to my Neo..he said $1000....

You can get 16" rims with rubber for $1000 thesedays..

and also u can keep the rubber to trade in for aftermarket rims..

I asked Webasto for the Inbuilt sunroof for the Mz3 and he quoted me $2375..
Has anyone else quoted the spoiler sunroof or got a better price on the inbuilt one?

M

·
0 Posts
I'm tryna get a sunroof installed in my sp23 in NSW.

I'm only really willing to spend $2000.

One of my friends work in a honda dealership, so i'm gonna find out if he can get me trade prices! :D :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
hotztuf said:
Yeah, i asked my dealer to add 15" alloys to my Neo..he said $1000....

You can get 16" rims with rubber for $1000 thesedays..

and also u can keep the rubber to trade in for aftermarket rims..
So I can trade in those steel wheels and get some money off the cost of a set of alloys, that what u are saying? Also 16" rims for $1000 with tyre sounds like the wheels wouldnt be very good quality imo.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Well i depends on the place you get your rims from..just ask em if they do trade ins..

What is very good quality to you? Do you expect good performance out of your rims or looks? It just all depends on your taste. Of course the lighter and better quality material you wil have to fork out much more money..

http://www.tyres.com/packages.cfm is a place in sydney, All prices varies depending on brands.

Like 16" Roh wheels/tyre for $1240
or you can get 17" XHP for $1190..which i don't personally like.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I always thought something below $1k is really cheap quality.....Im looking for something that is similar in style to Mazda wheels.

Btw since u got the neo, do u still have unpainted door handles and door protection strip? If so could u post a pic up if possible.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Well for me, the brand is wat i look for. If they have sales cuz its old stock or the have too much of em and want to get rid of em, thats good for me.. :p

But i wouldn't get cheap ones liek Auscar or CSA..they sooo heavy..

Yeah, my Neo to be(hopefully by end of this month) has black unpainted door handles and side protection strips... :? But thats not as important to me..like i didn't notice it comparing the maxx to the neo in the first place.

Pics will come up as soon as i get my car..lol

·
Registered
861 Posts
Id be very keen to see pics also... I originally considered a Neo with options before going for a Maxx Sport, and Im very interested to see what the rear wing spoiler looks like... if I got a Neo I would have got one, but also love the lip style on my Maxx Sport.

·
Registered
444 Posts
my gf saw a neo winning blue neo with the wing spoiler yesterday when she was at work!! :(

Even she can tell differences between a maxx and a neo cuz i've been talking about it non-stop about it for a month.. :D

she said it looks really nice outside, like a blue wrx..but then she didnt like the interior as much as the maxx, but then i could spend the $3300 from the Neo to a maxx sport for 17" rims and sunroof i suppose..

1 - 20 of 63 Posts