Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions. Right now I have a 12" alpine type r 4 ohm dvc and a TMA t500.1 amp hooked up to the stock HU with some rca's ran from the front speakers (no loc). I tried using an loc but I could never get it to work :shock:! So instead I ran the rca straight off the high lvl output from the stock radio. Now when ever I turn up the volume passed 18 or so my front speakers sound garbled :(. My theory is that the stock amp is seeing a weird resistance maybe 2 or 4 ohms instead of 8 which is what i think the stock speakers are wired to. I haven't had a chance to pull out a multimeter and check this yet. I guess my question is do I need to have an loc or is there an rca adapter I can buy, like at radio shack or something, that will let me run my wires this way?

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i think you should have a LOC unless your amp accepts high-level inputs.
car speakers are typically 4ohm (although some are 2ohm, like the Bose option).

PAC might make a LOC/harness for the stock HU that lets you leave everything in place but it gives you RCA outputs for running one or more extra amplifiers. I know they make one for the oem mazda bose system (I have one although not installed yet.)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I want to avoid using an loc unless I can find a resistive one because of the loss of frequencies below ~50hz. I may just have to give up and either buy a jl cleansweep, RF 360.2 or a new headunit and loose the stock look :squint:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts