Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned before that I like aircraft, and I installed little turbine things next to my foglights to take a jab at the aviation theme. Those are still on my car, although theyve broken twice each, and have since been enhanced, which I will detail later. I now have added some more stuff:

The stick is a Cougar Hotas joystick for flight simulators. It is a replica of the flight sticks used in F-16s, as well as other fighters. Although this has probably not been done often before, it may not be all that interesting, except that it is linked to this little monster:

And then mounted in my engine bay:

In the ABS cylinder is the motor from a Tokyo Marui P90 airsoft submachine gun. Before being integrated into my car, it was upgraded with some crap to take it from shooting at stock ~250(? I forget) feet per second to 350 fps, and while it isnt the most powerful airsoft gun, it still packs a powerful punch.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=8926

So the main motor cylinder is mounted under the CAI, and the barrel extends to just barely behind the mesh of the open mouth grill, both using the stock airbox mounting points:

The big rectangle coming off the top is the regular capacity magazine, for reliability, with the mock bullets temporarily covered by some taped on plastic.

It probably doesnt need further explaining, but this 'weapons system' actually works!! Its wired to the trigger on the flight stick that is now my shifter, and the upper right rocker switch is a safety. The upper left button will link to a laser sight, but it hasnt arrived yet. The sight will be shrouded to avoid peripheral detection. Purely by chance, the line of fire is almost directly in line with the center of the steering wheel. It shoots as level as I could manage to align the barrel by eye, and the adjustable hopup gives it a backspin that will keep it on course further. It of course can fire in semi auto mode with a single pull of the trigger, or full auto by keeping it depressed. The magazine capacity is 68 rounds of 5mm BBs, usually .20 weight plastic, but metal BBs could be loaded. The plastic ones can most likely dent metal panels, easily break light bulbs, puncture several soda cans, sting like a b****, etc etc...

Here is a demo of the trigger:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v604/spnkrx18ssm/?action=view&current=IMGP1110.flv

So there you have it, the first Mazda3 to be retrofitted with a small weapons system... :p

I did this 99% just for the sake of doing it. I realize arming a passenger car is not a great idea to begin with, and firing while driving is incalculably worse. Same goes for activating the laser sight. I doubt I will even keep it installed, as it is likely to break and inherently dangerous. I whole heartedly intend not to shoot at any person or vehicle, mostly because its pretty gay. I doubt it would be easy to detect, I would sooner be accused of holding a gun out the window and firing, but the threat of discovery still remains. Again, I am not an idiot and will not use this for evil. I realize that I am not piloting a military aircraft, nor am I a military pilot. It was made just for fun.

But it sure is cool 8)

UPDATE: It is out of batteries and a pain to remove so it's just been sitting there for a long time now :p Even though I would have been perfectly justified in using it against a douchebag who thought i was trying to race him last night, damn!

This video shows the laser from a dead on view, but obviously it doesnt look like that with the human eye:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v604/spnkrx18ssm/?action=view&current=IMGP1221.flv

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Re: A crazy mod you wont see anywhere else: st_riots' 5mm P90-MZ3 machine gun

Is there any chance of it misfiring, or going off over a bump or something like that? I'd be afraid of accidentally shooting something. Otherwise, I'd say that's ridiculously creative, and gottta give you big props. Now if only you could focus your time and creativity to something productive...

On a side note, that looks like one of the sub machine guns from Counter Strike.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I would love to get this installed. But that would probably get me in jail.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts

That is awesome! Hahaha. Props to you for creativity and uniqueness!

·
Registered
156 Posts

That is one of a kind right there.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts

LOL! oh man, that's crazy. Big props to you!

Dangerous for someone that has road rage, i'd imagine.

·
Registered
30,738 Posts

:shock: i want one!! :goodjob:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

:eek4:

·
Registered
5,896 Posts

At first I thought you were using a real P90 submachine gun, then I saw that it was an airsoft gun :lol: I lol'ed.

·
Registered
23,017 Posts

:lol:

·
Registered
240 Posts

lol that is pretty creative. that p90 is a gun you can use in counter strike btw. props for you.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

I'd be WAY too tempted to open fire full-auto style when some asshole cuts me off.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts

you win dude, you definitely win.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts

as much as i think it is creative and useful, appealing to my post-apocalyptic senses in a mad max style, that is downright illegal and i definitely would not havr that under my hood at all. it just doesn't belong there. if a cop ever, ever saw that or had an inkling of what it was, you'd be up shit creek.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts

That's awesome. You have to get some video of you shooting a couple targets!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts

Idk, it might be legal in hawaii .. not sure what the street legality of BB guns mounted on cars would be down there. In any case, that's pretty bitchen man. I'm impressed with the fact that you linked the trigger on the stick to the weapon itself, that alone sounds like it would be hard.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Taking the biathlon to a new level: Rally car driving while hitting targets along the way.

Does anyone else see the potential for this? I honestly and truly believe you could get a big following for something like this. Imagine installing that mod on a Jeep or some other 4x4 and taking it into a grand-scale Airsoft game?

1 - 20 of 133 Posts