Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to put some money down on a new Speed3 this weekend and was doing as much reading as I could on the car, when I found the issue on the weak A/C. I'm in Dallas where the average high is around 96F in the summer months and I spend around an hour and a half stuck in rush hour traffic every day. Is this still an issue with the 2007 Speed3. I hate to back down at this point, but a 'sub standard' A/c just isn't going work in the part of the country for me. Please tell me I don't need to start looking at an alternative car :? Cheers Howard

·
Registered
724 Posts
If there's a specific AC issue with the speed3 then this isn't relevant, but if you mean you've read posts about the regular 3 AC issues, from what I remember it seemed to be the 04 and some 05 cars which had the complaint.

If it helps, mine is an 06 non-speed, and the AC is just fine, I'm in FL. I've had the car since last July, so have driven it in the summer heat, and I find the AC to be more than adequate. Tinted windows definitely seemed to help too. In my car, the AC blows cold pretty fast, and I don't seem to need it set to it's coldest or highest fan speed either.

I had the exact same concern as you when I was shopping, and the test drive confirmed to me that the AC was pretty good. I'd try and do the same, even if you test a normal 3 (assuming the AC issue isn't speed only related).

·
Registered
32 Posts
The 2004 and some 2005 3's had alot poor a.c. complaints and this was countered by mazda installing an air diffuser in front of the evaporator to improve airflow through the evaporaor. Starting part of the way through the 2005 production year all 3's since then have this diffuser installed. I work at a mazda dealership and can tell you that this did make an big improvement. And honestly alot of the people that were complaining of poor a.c. performance didn't have their a.c. set to recirculate, it was set on fresh air.

G

·
Hey there a310490,

Did you get yours yet? I'm in Dallas as well and so far I can say the A/C works great. It's even smart enough to not blow uncooled air in your face until ready (goes to the floor or defrosters on "auto" - depends on AMB temp - until temp reached and then blows full to upper vents). It only sets to 60deg F which I am interested to see this summer if I wish it would go down to 50-55F at least! lol! But so far I tested it out on 60F bypassing auto for full fan and it got down right ice-on-the-whiskers cold for me.

I think it's gonna do well in the TX summer cookoff days. And the black cloth sport seats don't retain any heat that I can tell yet, so that's a huge plus. I had a VW Jetta GLX with black leather a few years back and that pretty much sucked on scorcher days (and it's A/C was just ok, not great).

RG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts