Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My a/c on my 3 is not working, I know that it has a leak and the compressor is not turning on. But my question is, does the compressor will not turn on when there's no pressure in the piping? Or I just have a bad compressor?

·
Registered
72 Posts
[quote author=swtallybaba link=topic=138030.msg2975465#msg2975465 date=1236187487]
My a/c on my 3 is not working, I know that it has a leak and the compressor is not turning on. But my question is, does the compressor will not turn on when there's no pressure in the piping? Or I just have a bad compressor?
[/quote]

Yes, it will not work. It is a closed loop system and if the PSI is not where it is suppose to be, then the AC will not work. You need a new compressor.

·
Registered
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the compressor doesn't have a type of sensor to detect if there's pressure or not? I was hoping that I don't have to replace the compressor.

·
Registered
72 Posts
[quote author=swtallybaba link=topic=138030.msg2978326#msg2978326 date=1236292718]
so the compressor doesn't have a type of sensor to detect if there's pressure or not? I was hoping that I don't have to replace the compressor.
[/quote]

Not that I know of. All the compressors that I have seen except for Merceds and BMW, there are no sensors on the compressor itself. If there is a sensor and the A/C does not work, then the pressure is too low, in this case, what I would do it charge your A/C. I buy a car of R134a large can, flip it upside down, turn your A/c on high and let the car run, until the can is empty. It works for me.

·
Registered
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did tried that, but there's a leak, so the pressure didn't go up. I guess I had to find out where's the leak first and fix it, then try installing new R134a in the pipes

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just don't use DIY leak sealer. It may stop the leak but it'll plug up everything else too and ruin crap you didn't even know you had. Unless you know what your doing, I'd take it to an A/C shop (assuming your warranty is up).

·
Registered
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah... I won't be using that junk... I'll be using a UV leak finder and change parts if needed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
[quote author=swtallybaba link=topic=138030.msg2988315#msg2988315 date=1236805392]
for sure!! Thanks for the heads up!!
[/quote]
Did you find out what the problem was with your A/C?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sounds good, when you do this, let us know what you find. Pics would be nice if you do something that we can all learn from.

·
Registered
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOW!! I found a big crack on the A/C compressor. :( Man I guess I have to replace that thing. Where can I buy a cheap replacement?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts