Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 Mazda 3 2.0L. Manual Trans.

Hello all,

Last year I was working on figuring out why my A/C would work for about 10 minutes and then die out. I changed the cabin air filter, to no avail. I checked the A/C relay, no difference when swapping with Horn relay.

https://www.mazda3forums.com/57-mazda3-axela/761730-c-mazda-3-a.html

Now that it is warmer again after winter here where I live. I am deciding to take a look at this issue again, but now the A/C is not working at all. The A/C clutch is not engaging. I didn't have my manifold set to see the pressures from Low/High, but I did use a low side gauge that comes with refrigerant. It was in the Red area really high pressure. I assume that is because the compressor/clutch is not turning on. However, my light in the car is on for the A/C no blinks just solid green. The clutch moves when I turn it so it is not seized.

What can I test before I considering replacing the A/C compressor?

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you check to see if power is coming into the compressor?

I did today, test the connection that the compressor connects to, coming from somewhere above. I did get voltage when A/C button was on and when turned off nothing. So I assume there is power coming in. I tested resistance on the connection to the a/c clutch coil. On the multimeter I used I got a result of 1 Hmm...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is the ac light on the climate control unit coming on (green)? I have had two m3 and both had issues with the climate control unit AC on/off button.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Don't forget to check the easiest thing first: the A/C relay. It's the same as the horn relay, and right near it in the underhood fuse box. Just swap them with one another, see if that fixes your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
did you get this fixed? it may actually be the clutch. its easy enough to change through the passenger side wheel well

·
Registered
485 Posts
I can't believe someone thought replacing the cabin filter would fix an issue with the A/C not running.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts