Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i currently have yellow lamin-x overlays over my fogs. I am planning on getting hid fogs put in. But here is the problem. 6000k or 3000k? I know 3000k + yellow overlay looks amazing. But i also like the 6000K and would like the option to have 6000K fogs in the future by simply removing the yellow overlay.

But as most of you already know, 6000k is mostly white with a hint of blue. And i know that blue+yellow=green. So now, is it safe to go yellow lamin-x + 6000K hids if i want the yellow? or should i go the safe way and get 3000k + yellow overlay?

Any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
3k is green when it warms up.. after a minute or 2 its actually yellow...
6k hid for fogs i think its too bright for yellow film to look good... its still going to be really dull yellow.. instead of the nice intense yellow that your probably looking for

·
Registered
435 Posts
actually 6k color temp HID's are dimmer. get the 4.3k or 4.5k color as this is the brightest bulb color you will be able to buy then change the final color with the tint.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
wow i never thought of that.. thats actually brilliant! lol... im imagining it would look sick

i dont think it'll be a problem for seeing at night.. i think green is the most visible color compared to all the other colors (except comparing to white, i think)...

im saying this because of the aurora in the poles (nitrogen = blue, oxygen = red or green.. but we see green more because its more visible to us) and laser pointers (green is more visible than red... in fact, my 200mW green laser lights up the whole room... 5mW does the same but not as much)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts