Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...i bought 5x7 to 6.5 adaptors and i cant get the speaker to fit...the adaptor doesnt fit well and the speaker has a large gap on the bottom like its tilting upwards. Im sick and tired of trying new things to get it to fit and work. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly apreciated.

·
Registered
611 Posts
pics so we can see whats up if possible. Otherwise, make your own adapter plates or have some made for you. I think your problem might lie in the fact that our speakers are 6x8 factory, not 5x7.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Not all 6.5" subs have the same mounting diameter, that could be a problem there as well.

Get out some paper, buy some 1\2" Mdf, and make your own, its fairly simple, and the tools needed are minimal. Just a jigsaw...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
i used 1/2" mdf with my 6 1/2" type-r's and had no problems.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
[quote author=Zorminster link=topic=66624.msg1145435#msg1145435 date=1168571121]
you don't need 1/2".... thats VERY thick for adapter plates.

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/495957/4
[/quote]

Manly speakers need a thicker mounting plate. Stop using duals and you will see. :p
Honestly, thicker wood, more rigid, it works, I had it, gave me the extra clearance I needed to make the components fit.... why not use 1\2"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts