Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is amazing! It took about 2 hours to install everything (take bumper off, ect) but the results were well worth it!

Here are some pics!

And Big shout out to Olivier and Jim over at Xenonexpert.com Great guys and great product!

-Everett

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
looking good! what color-temp are those?

·
Registered
524 Posts
[quote author=crazyfast link=topic=71023.msg1247829#msg1247829 date=1173030905]
looking good! what color-temp are those?
[/quote]

haha look at the topic title man!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=Frosty link=topic=71023.msg1250156#msg1250156 date=1173130776]
Why did you remove the bumper to install them?
[/quote]

makes it easier to do a clean install of the ballasts and wires.. etc

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its great when its late night, and I turn the head lights on...its like the whole street lights up, hehe.

I would definitely recommend this kit and xenonexpert.com

I cant imagine using the "stock" lights ever again, in any future car i drive.

Oh, and neeldub is correct, it made it very easy to find spots to mount the ballasts and run the wires.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
so where did you place the ballasts and relays?? I'm asking b/c i'm going to install my kit later on this week so i just wanna get some ideas as to where to put the hardware.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=Frosty link=topic=71023.msg1250156#msg1250156 date=1173130776]
Why did you remove the bumper to install them?
[/quote]

Removing the bumper is totally optional. Most people don't do it because the Mazda 3 has enough space behind the headlight housings to do the install. Some people prefer to remove the bumper to have even more space and conceal their ballasts :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just be careful of the retaining clip that holds the lightbulb in, that thing could take an eye out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It seemed pretty strong, i mean, i wouldnt put it in a vice grip or anything. I just mean be careful when you are loosining the screw that holds it in, cuz it will "fly" out and could take an eye out of you dont have a good grip on it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i also purchased my katsuro 35W 5000k HIDS.....but i've been hearing that you need relay harness is this necessary??? :shock: i'd like to know before i do the install.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i just installed my katsuro 5000k hids but to my dismay my fuses keep going out when i turn headlights on!! wtf is wrong with it???? :x

·
Registered
394 Posts
hmmmm.....its funny most people have done the install without the the relay harness..wonder what the issue is. i connected everything like the manual said.. sooooo sooooo frustrated.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=Luv4mymzda3 link=topic=71023.msg1373457#msg1373457 date=1177885513]
hmmmm.....its funny most people have done the install without the the relay harness..wonder what the issue is. i connected everything like the manual said.. sooooo sooooo frustrated.
[/quote]

That's weird. Are both fuses blowing?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts