Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

Ever since my 2002 Silver P5 was written off on Dec 29th, all I see are Silver P5's everywhere! The ghost of my P5 is following me. I miss it, it was a great car. Ask your insurance broker about a depreciation waiver, you'll be glad you did, and if your car is written off, make sure it's not your fault! They brought a rental car right to me at the scene of the accident.

But, I feel much better today because I signed the deal on my Silver Sport GT last night. It will be waiting for me on Tuesday at lunch! I got the leather and the slushbox. I'll miss the perfect heal and toe downshifts of my P5 on on ramps but I'm a commuter in the Toronto area (downtown to Mississauga), so the auto makes daily life easier.

I really can't wait to get it, took me a while to like the funky styling of the sport, but when it came time to choose I liked it better that the sedan.

Cheers!
8)

2000 Protoge ES (my first new car from the dealer)
2002 P5 (just had to have it)
2004 M3 Sport GT (had no choice, but I like!)

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yeah, where the heck are you from!?

And I missed my P5... All of about 5 minutes.. Then I was on the freeway with my mz3!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Thanks guys!

I'm in Toronto.

I was able to use the X-Plan to buy the car, a Ford, Volvo, Mazda discount thing. It didn't really amount to much though, although it starts off as 4% over dealer invoice price. After they added in all the usual fees it ended up being less than a grand savings. I managed to push a little and get the difference to an even grand. So from the build your Mazda page, add the usual dealer fees, subtract a grand then add tax. I'm sure plenty of people have done better, but I don't think I could handle hearing about it.

I think the dealer invoice price stuff is crap, I'm sure the manufacturers bonus the heck out of dealers, then the dealers bonus their salespeople. This way they can boost the dealer invoice way up, but the dealerships can still be profitable. There is no way a dealership can support it's salesforce and itself on such tiny margins. Only 1,300.00 CDN on a Sport GT with auto and leather. At least that's what the paper work they showed me said.

Either way, I can't wait to cruise down the highway smelling my new leather, then blast around a few nice off ramps!

Cheers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it Tuesday night, I love it!

To top it off, the Mazda dealer had an X-Box with 3 games waitting for me in the trunk. The promotion had ended 3 days before I signed my deal. Now that's service!

Has anyone noted poor airflow from the front footwell vents? We are having very cold weather in Toronto (- 20 celcius and below), but I could swear very little hot air is coming out of those vents.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I noticed it, but I think it is because of the placement (and that it pushed to the back vents as well). Most front floor vents push from the center console out, then come from above and off center. Very strange to me.

That's one option lacking on both the P5 and mz3. The should have a way to turn off the rear vents, giving more flow to the front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts