396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any places that do this?
and for how much?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i haven't tried any, i'm clueless as to where to go.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am going to dealing with tru-lite tinting, I was refered by the dealership. Just dont have the $$$$ right know for it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tru lite works out of home and he does do the bra also. Very copetitive $$$$$

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Tru lite works out of home and he does do the bra also. Very copetitive $$$$$
We need more information on this...how do we get in contact with them? Do we go their home or does he come to us? What does he charge for the bra?

I did find out that FX Auto will be doing the bra very soon.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Just to add to the message above, The Auto Trim Shop doesn't do the clear bra, yet, possibly in a couple of months due to the high number of inquiries. However they did give me the name of the company/guy that does do it:

Chip Guard
cell: 416 407 5489
Mark

What's nice is that he will come right to where your cars is parked to do it.

FWIW, I did find out that The Auto Trim Shop charges $550 for a pair of heated seats!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi everyone.

i called a detailing store somewhere in the mississauga/brampton area.
they said that they did do the 3m clear bra for the 3.
he told me for 275$cdn he would do the front hood area, fenders, and side mirrors.
i asked about the front bumper and grill, he had no price for it but that it would be expensive since he had done some for a few rx-8s and they were expensive.

hopefully someone can help and suggest a quality place with a good pricing, since i am seriously in the market for this 3m clear bra for the side mirrors, fenders, hood, grill, and bumpers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hello.

here is the store name.
trimline of metrowest.
phone number 1-888-694-7777.
like i said before, they quote something like 245-275$ i don't remember for just the hood, fenders, and mirrors lights.
so please if anyone knows of a detailer willing to do the whole front for a decent price let me know.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the info resin_dr
i'm seriously considering the clear bra cuz i do a lot of highway driving and i think a hood deflector wouldn't be as good, and would not look that good on the 3

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
I will tell you guys right now you are gonna get more rock chips on your side skirts then your front end. I got the GFX package and after 1 month and a half of driving in winter the back end on the side skirts are already chipped to hell.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that sux budgy, but i don't have any scratches there yet.

from my other car, the most noticible scratches were located on the hood, right above the grill.
the scratches were long, but the car isn't black

my 3 is black, and if i were to get those same scratches...you could imagine how nasty they would look. im gonna get the clear bra done as soon as i find a good place

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Get the clear bra over the side skirts right underneath the rear passenger door and even up to a few inches on the bottom half of that door. I probaly have about 20 rock chips on each side of the car in that general area, and I am pissed that I will have to get that all repainted in a few years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got the 3m tape done from Ajax Mazda, did a great job and they split the cost down the middle with my purchase $100 my cost.
I had my Honda done last year via the shop Pfaff Audi's uses for their cars "The Detail Shop 905 853-3113 200 Muloch Dr Newmarket" can't remember the cost sorry they also did an amzazing job on my tint.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MrFujimo: how is the 3m tape working so far?

does it look weird if the rest of the car is dirty, but the part protected by the 3m is not as dirty???

and how far up the hood does the 3m cover (length from tip of hood)???

·
Registered
11 Posts
nice to see this thread picking up steam.
since i believe a lot are interested in this clearbra stuff.
i email a distributor of the xpel clearbra brand and got an email back from an installer within the gta.

it as follows.
Thanks for the email.  The price for the items you listed would be a
follows:
Hood, fenders, mirrors    $150
Hood, fenders, mirrors, front bumper    $300

The film comes with a 3 year warranty against cracking and yellowing.  To
book an installation, or if you have any more questions, just give us a
call.

Regards,

Marc Gordon
President
GoldPro Canada Inc.
www.goldpro.ca
Toll Free: 1.888.816.9996
Fax: 905.695.2111

seems like a resonable deal.
maybe a group deal can be worked out.
that is a nice deal you got at ajax mazda.....what parts did you get covered?
maybe i will see if i can get a deal through them since i am FINALLY picking up my car tomorrow at noon.....sweet.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts