Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On march 9th at 5:30pm, I took possession of a silver 3iT. I decided against the 3s because they wanted way too much money for what seemed to me to be only a very small increase in power. The car is a sedan version. It's pretty nice.

First thing I did was read the owner's manual. Bloody thing is almost 1" thick!! Way more complex car than the old se-r. I also didn't realize how physically big this car is compared to my last car. It is a lot roomier, though. I'm pretty happy with it. It has decent power for a 2.0 hauling around a lot more weight than my se-r. I have to reserve any further comments on it's acceleration capabilities until the engine is fully broken in and I've got synth lubes throughout. My se-r, even after 126Kmiles was still a little screamer, probably because in part due to the K & N filter and the synth lubes.

I've already gotten complements on the car. It is a really nice looking car. And it has a very nice, high quality feel to it. I also like the idea a lot of people are getting 30 mpg ave /w the manual, which is what I got.

Speaking of which, the manual shift feel must've been improved over the '06 version I test drove last year. It's almost as good as a RSX (though not quite as good) and better than my se-r's was, which I didn't think was possible. It's pretty good for a cable shifter in feel. Shifting is a real pleasure and much like the 'wrist flicking' I was used to in the old car.

As to the car buying experience at the dealer, it sucked. They played games with their 'dead invoice' bullshit and charged me for VIN glass etching which I didn't want. So when Mazda called for the survey, I sort of gave them a ear full about both issues. Anyway, I did meet my goal of getting new car turn key for under $20K. I got it for $17,840 and may get back up to $149 back because of the VIN etching BS.

I look forward to putting it it through it's paces more after it's initial break-in. Right now, I'm trying to avoid any full WOT blasts to red line through the gears until it's all well seated in.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=saluteTOme link=topic=72025.msg1267904#msg1267904 date=1173913770]
Congrats..however...3iT?
[/quote]

Yep...I felt it was best suited for my kind of driving. I after my test drives, the 3s didn't really feel any quicker. And it was $20K for the car with no options. I decided it wasn't worth the extra $$.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[quote author=saluteTOme link=topic=72025.msg1267904#msg1267904 date=1173913770]
Congrats..however...3iT?
[/quote]

3i Touring? No T color since the elephant died. Maybe we'll get some pics and details later. :(

Meanwhile - welcome SM - enjoy your new ride. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah...The 'T' was my abbreviation for 'Touring.' I guess I'm a very lazy typist...lol...

Thanks for the welcome. I have some picts, but in all honesty, there's nothing special about it's appearance. One can go to the MazdaUSA site and see the same thing....I also don't have a site to load the picts up to...so I'm sorta stuck...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mmmmmm.....not my cup 'o tea... :D

I already have a fairly 'stylized' car I drive on nice weekends...I plan on keeping this car completely stock looking. I think it looks nice enough as it is. It has now spoilers or gfx. Just as I wanted...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts