Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I Nuts? I prefer the looks of the 3i to 3s and either in Non-Sports Pkg trim. I just prefer the clean uncluttered look of the base car.

I am seriously considering a 3i with AC1 (Air Conditioning) and 1PP (Power and 16"Wheel Pkg).

Kind of seems silly to option the 3i to within $685 of the 3s.

Am I crazy?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well, when i first saw the car i thought the same but then as i just looked at pics and saw the "S" i thought it was even better. I was gunna do exactly what u want to do with the "i" with ac and power. But now since i like the "s" better and its around the same price except the "s" is more powerful and has better little features i decided i want the "s". So no u arent crazy.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree with you. I don't like the stuff on the bottom of the car. It just makes it look more bloated to me, the European version is a much nicer looking car.

I posted a topic about removing the skirt effects on the 5-door (link). I don't think it's going to be possable, at least without some major body work. :?

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
If you can find an i with the options that you want and in the color you like - I don't think you're nuts at all. I've posted a lot over my frustration in actually locating a i with power options and A/C ... it was this difficulty that prompted me for an s. I got a bit tired of scouring for an i.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I prefer Titanium Grey (S only). Sunlight Silver is my favorite 3i color.

Local dealer has a 3i w/ AC1 + 1PP coming in Sunlight Silver. I am seriously considering buying this car.

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Yes, the S model has fog lights standard...

And, if you want to get really accurate - they're more like driving lights than true fog lights.

If you're wondering what the real difference is between the two - fog lights are much brighter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I dont think your nuts for considering this but in my opinion I think that if you want the most for your money without the aggrivation of searching for an "i" with options then go with the "s" trust me even though i dont own one yet it seems to me its the obvious thing to do but go with your instinct have a good day!!!!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Doesnt the 's' also come with better looking gauges (some blue stuff or something).

Comes with fog lamps
Comes with the black tail lights (I dont like the red tail lights)

But hey...if you find the car you want...go for it. This is your car and your money so get what makes you happy and you wont look back.

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
Yeah, the s has silver rings around the gauge pods and each gauge has a blue tint around the outer diameter when your headlights are on.

The s has a better sound system as well (not like it's mind blowing good though)

Fog lamps are also standard on the s - but they are an available option on the i models. The six disc CD / Sunroof package is also available as an option to both cars. I think the mp3 player also applies to both trims.

The appearance package is for s models only. But, mud guards are for the i only (go figure). Personally, I like mud guards... stupid s trim :|

Xenons are for the s trim only.

I am unsure if brake light clusters are interchangeable between i sedans and s sedans

Hell, just go to your dealer and they've got a tirm/feature/addon matrix just ignore this post.

·
Registered
99 Posts
holeydonut said:
Yeah, the s has silver rings around the gauge pods and each gauge has a blue tint around the outer diameter when your headlights are on.

The s has a better sound system as well (not like it's mind blowing good though)

Fog lamps are also standard on the s - but they are an available option on the i models. The six disc CD / Sunroof package is also available as an option to both cars. I think the mp3 player also applies to both trims.

The appearance package is for s models only. But, mud guards are for the i only (go figure). Personally, I like mud guards... stupid s trim :|

Xenons are for the s trim only.

I am unsure if brake light clusters are interchangeable between i sedans and s sedans

Hell, just go to your dealer and they've got a tirm/feature/addon matrix just ignore this post.

My I has silver trim around the gauges, and I have the same 6 speaker 6 disc sound system. I do like the tailights though, but not on the strato. And i thought they both had the same seat fabric. The S just has those color splotches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im new here and am also considering the 3i with AC and 1PP. Does the 3s have AC and PP1 in its standard? or are those extra options? Can someone also tell me how much both cars sell for ?? (ballpark price....3i w/ options vs 3s standard; both automatic transmissions). thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.