Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting how the oldest vehichle in the lineup( the 3) is the only one selling of any significance. The new model of the 6 is down an astonishing 60% ! Why they tried to keep up with the Jones'( Toyota and Honda) by making the new 6, bigger, wider, heavier and err.. uglier and honestly taking away from what made the car different from every other cookie cutter car in the segment is showing what a mistake that decision was. I'm fearing the same mistake has been made with the new 3.

http://www.autospies.com/images/users/Agent009/main/Mazda 2009 January Sales.JPG

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Why would anyone comment on car sales at a time when most of them are down. The 6 was being fleeted out heavily as well - Mazda doesn't fleet out in the first year. Accord sales dropped 30%, Altima about the same, Camry down %36 percent. All models that sell in bigger volume. Camry didn't sell 10K+ units over last year.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The fact that the 3 sold MORE in '09 than in '08 is remarkable considering the current economy. I suppose more folks that are considering cars are all flocking towards the smaller compact cars.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree with Stories, that's a great feat!

FWIW, When I bought my 3 in January, my dealer had about 50 3's, and MAYBE 15-20 of everything else. :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts