Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here!

About to put my order in for my MPS & wondered if any of you got any good deals/free options on one?

I'm PX'ing a 2004 (04) Civic TypeR Metallic with A/C, Mint, 28600 miles. They have offered me £11200 which I thought was a very fair deal.

Any thoughts?

Adey.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Cant find a list of the MPS options anywhere! wonder if you guys get the same stuff i will have.

Looks like you guys get Eibach suspension option...wonder if thier any good.... wonder what those 'sporty' side veiw mirrors look like and if they fit on the US spec car!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Thats awesome...thanks for the link! now that i see the mirrors on the car im not so sure about them. Im not sure if we get the eibach suspension or not...i do know no matter which model of the US one you get you get the big rear wing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just ripped some piccys from it:

You can see the mirrors, bigger spoiler & bigger exhaust end (I think)

Adey.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=adey link=topic=67261.msg1164531#msg1164531 date=1169574292]
Test driving one tomorrow! :D
[/quote]

at which dealership???

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
hmm i thought first shipment was in March...was told the first one wouldnt be in country till late FEB and that one was for display in london or something!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=Coulda link=topic=67261.msg1164828#msg1164828 date=1169583447]
hmm i thought first shipment was in March...was told the first one wouldnt be in country till late FEB and that one was for display in london or something!
[/quote]

the MPS is already on the Uk roads... check my thread in the UK section called MPS spyshots.. :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
I spoke to my dealership on Monday they said not until beginning February. It all sounds a bit suspicious to me. Neeldub has the photos and yet the dealerships say no we haven't got them yet . Eh ???? Admitted the pictures were outside Mazda UK HQ and they are probably test cars but hey why are the dealers not better informed. ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was supposed to test drive one at Vospers in Exeter & arranged our morning off around that & My GF getting some braces fitted. So we first popped down to Central Garages Torbay, where the had one in stock, to show them our car they offered to put trade plates on there & then & give us a quick blast but I turned it down as it only had 5 miles on the clock & I'd rather give the run in demo a good thrashing.

Then on the way home went to Vospers Exeter where we were told that there were none in stock anywhere but could get one mid march. After 20 minutes of waiting they then said that there had been a mistake & the demo wouldn't be here today at all. :mad:

Anyway, dropped Jodie at the dentist & buzzed straight down the M5, AGAIN, to take the Central Garages Torbay up on there test drive offer. I loved it, fantastic build quality inside (I'm a bit used to a few rattles in the TypeR), comfortable & the power in every gear is amazing. Shame I couldn't give it a bit, although I could tell it drove great, but I didn't want to thrash a car I was probably buying!! Got home & we decided we are definitely having it rang them up & agreed a price of £11350 on ours plus a substantial amount of fuel (He wouldn't agree on a full tank) paid £1000 deposit & we pick it up Saturday morning!!! :klavergreg:

Not sure if that's an excited smiley but I am excited.

Oh & I think I've annoyed some of the TypeR forum because I don't like the new Civic & I told them I'm buying an MPS :D

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=adey link=topic=67261.msg1166890#msg1166890 date=1169664910]
Was supposed to test drive one at Vospers in Exeter & arranged our morning off around that & My GF getting some braces fitted. So we first popped down to Central Garages Torbay, where the had one in stock, to show them our car they offered to put trade plates on there & then & give us a quick blast but I turned it down as it only had 5 miles on the clock & I'd rather give the run in demo a good thrashing.

Then on the way home went to Vospers Exeter where we were told that there were none in stock anywhere but could get one mid march. After 20 minutes of waiting they then said that there had been a mistake & the demo wouldn't be here today at all. :mad:

Anyway, dropped Jodie at the dentist & buzzed straight down the M5, AGAIN, to take the Central Garages Torbay up on there test drive offer. I loved it, fantastic build quality inside (I'm a bit used to a few rattles in the TypeR), comfortable & the power in every gear is amazing. Shame I couldn't give it a bit, although I could tell it drove great, but I didn't want to thrash a car I was probably buying!! Got home & we decided we are definitely having it rang them up & agreed a price of £11350 on ours plus a substantial amount of fuel (He wouldn't agree on a full tank) paid £1000 deposit & we pick it up Saturday morning!!! :klavergreg:

Not sure if that's an excited smiley but I am excited.

Oh & I think I've annoyed some of the TypeR forum because I don't like the new Civic & I told them I'm buying an MPS :D
[/quote]

which colour is this MPS you bought?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had the Red. There was a black one in stock in the Bristol dealership but wanted red anyhow!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Picked it up this morning at 10am & said goodbye to the 04 CTR :(

Roll on 600 miles :D

Sorry about the picture it's getting a bit dark!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm very pleased with it too.

Can't wait till it's run in & then I can really see what all that power can do! Someone on the TypeR Forum had a 1/2 hour test drive in one & really liked it, said the power was amazing!

I will post lots of better pictures soon, inside & out, if anyones interested?!?!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=adey link=topic=67261.msg1171912#msg1171912 date=1169932106]
I'm very pleased with it too.

Can't wait till it's run in & then I can really see what all that power can do! Someone on the TypeR Forum had a 1/2 hour test drive in one & really liked it, said the power was amazing!

I will post lots of better pictures soon, inside & out, if anyones interested?!?!
[/quote]

hmm whereabouts in the country are you??? i'd love to experience the MPS in person.. lol :D :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=adey link=topic=67261.msg1172167#msg1172167 date=1169945272]
Between Taunton & Exeter.
[/quote]

damm ur too far away... otherwise i would have come visit... :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts