Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im now on my second radio set up (stock 6 disk changer) and now this one quit working...

first one only worked for a few months, and this one only a few weeks it seemed (only had time to get one cd in there)

anybody know why i keep killing these things?? its gettin kinda frustrating with 6 cds stuck in the changer and wont play :?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey i'm not sure but I've had the complete opposite issue. Today I picked up my car from service because the head unit would lose time. Don't know if that was directly related to any other issues but with my car, the CD was fine, but very RANDOMLY I would go about my day, i'd start my car, and the player would be frozen at a given second of the last song I was listening to before I turned the car off.

So it would sit there at 2:33 Track 4 (for example) and Fast Forward, Rewind, CD Change.. anything to do with the player would not function. However the AM/FM functions worked perfectly normal.

On and off, last time this happened was 3 nights ago.

Do you think with your problem, that a slim chance that you had two defective units? What are the chances, I know, but what if?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the way mine is right now, the radio works fine, but whenever you push cd it just shuts down the unit and you have to power on it again. this weekend im probably going to take it in again. im really getting fed up with this. i have barely had the car 6 months and this is the 2nd one broken... and the first one took about 2 months to complete the process due to a deadbeat dealership that would not bother to return any of my calls or call me when the parts arrived.

if it didnt look so weird id just opt for a din thing and get aftermarket, but i just dont like it as much in this car due to design.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i went down to the stealership again today. can you believe that apparently the mazda3 cd players (in this case, 6 disk changer) is not meant to handle burned cd's because some of them are fractionally thicker than regular cds. this causes them to jam inside the player. so apparently, now i cant use burned cd's or else i risk breaking the damn player.

how stupid of a design is this? im pretty furious at whoever the idiot was who designed this. :x

now im considering putting all the music on my ipod and investing in the ipod cable for the car and doing my music that way... :?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=geewhizbang link=topic=68270.msg1184784#msg1184784 date=1170528230]
Maybe you just need to invest in a micrometer when you buy blanks and only buy the brands that are thinner.
[/quote]

haha yea im thinking so. im anxious to see what cd is in there now. being that there is only one in there and it was in both times it broke, it has to be the one screwing it up. i want to see which one it is. as far as im concerned, this subject isnt over. im tired of this breaking, i want to find a fix.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=geewhizbang link=topic=68270.msg1184784#msg1184784 date=1170528230]
Maybe you just need to invest in a micrometer when you buy blanks and only buy the brands that are thinner.
[/quote]

i think killing the engineer of this CD player is easier. and brings the best results.

lol

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=small town king link=topic=68270.msg1185165#msg1185165 date=1170546118]
[/quote]

i think killing the engineer of this CD player is easier. and brings the best results.

lol
[/quote]

+1 lets go, lunch is on me :lol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=68270.msg1183812#msg1183812 date=1170460668]
well i went down to the stealership again today. can you believe that apparently the mazda3 cd players (in this case, 6 disk changer) is not meant to handle burned cd's because some of them are fractionally thicker than regular cds. this causes them to jam inside the player. so apparently, now i cant use burned cd's or else i risk breaking the damn player.

how stupid of a design is this? im pretty furious at whoever the idiot was who designed this. :x

now im considering putting all the music on my ipod and investing in the ipod cable for the car and doing my music that way... :?
[/quote]

I got one for my car its only $5. I just like cds better than my ipod for some reason. I don't have the changer, but the cd player in this car def sucks. It skips on all of my old cds.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote author=07mazda3s link=topic=68270.msg1192029#msg1192029 date=1170863625]
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=68270.msg1183812#msg1183812 date=1170460668]

[/quote]

I got one for my car its only $5. I just like cds better than my ipod for some reason. I don't have the changer, but the cd player in this car def sucks. It skips on all of my old cds.
[/quote]

you got an ipod connector for 5 dollars? do tell! haha is it homemade? or did you buy it ready to go?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=68270.msg1192966#msg1192966 date=1170883282]
you got an ipod connector for 5 dollars? do tell! haha is it homemade? or did you buy it ready to go?
[/quote]

His username suggests he has an '07, so he can use the built-in aux jack with a cheap 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable (headphone to headphone). Those of us with previous models are going to have to put down a bit more to get an Aux In jack (although I'd rather have the iPod integration with stereo and steering wheel controls anyway).

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[quote author=bearda link=topic=68270.msg1193049#msg1193049 date=1170884543]
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=68270.msg1192966#msg1192966 date=1170883282]
[/quote]

His username suggests he has an '07, so he can use the built-in aux jack with a cheap 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable (headphone to headphone). Those of us with previous models are going to have to put down a bit more to get an Aux In jack (although I'd rather have the iPod integration with stereo and steering wheel controls anyway).
[/quote]

ahh thanks, i completely missed his username. yes i have an 04 so thats why i was getting excited there haha. i would really like one, there is one for about 110 but i just cant find it in me to spend that much for a stupid ipod cable... but if my cd player keeps breaking (and being on number 3 in 6 months suggests it will) then it might be a good investment.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
This thread is really the pace to look for Aux-In stuff:
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=62624.0

If you want a simple Aux-In like the '07s you can get an Aux Mod Basic for around $60. You only have to pay a lot if you want the iPod control integration and charging (like the AudioLink). Personally I can't recommend the AudioLink enough, but my wife and I tend to download a lot of music off iTunes and don't buy a lot of physical CDs. Our entire music collection is iTunes/iPod based anyway, so it's perfect for us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
05 5door here.

Our 2nd 6disc player just broke. Very frustrating my CD/Tap player in my 90 Celica was working for at least 10 years before the CD player started skipping. At this rate I hate to think how many times this player will break in 10 years.

Hopefully its still under waranty, the dealership that we got if from closed down so now we have to go to one thats pretty far from us.

I need to read the FAQs and get the MD/TAPE input hooked up to an mp3 player.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
My original single disk broke, factory upgraded to 6-disc since I had a buddy working on it- shit if that broke too- it wouldnt cycle through to next disc- so my dumbass double loaded 2 disc in slot 1 and that was it.
Im 200% happier with my new setup, plus I have a 12 disc changer, XM and I-pod jack which I picked up off ebay for 55.00 at christmas. All I need is a cassette adapter and everyone can bring their old shit to jam.

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
thread revival...my 6 disc changer just bit the dust...the radio works but when I switch to CD mode it just says 'CHECK DISK' and wont let me pull the disks out...only had it for about 2 yrs now..taking it in to the stealership tomorrow...hopefully they dont give me crap..sounds like its about time to throw my stock HU in the glove box and upgrade...what a pos

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
well the dealership was cool about it...said I threw 3 codes on the CD player....each one basically told them to replace it..so they ordered me up a new one...so i have to wait for that and then they will send mine in and i can wait even longer for my CDs to be mailed back...since if they mess with the one in my car and open it up it voids the warranty...sooo im thinking im out 6 cd's haha

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
update...well my cd player crapping out on me was a blessing in disguise! I just got my new one installed @ the dealership and since it was a new CD player I was able to unlock the trip computer! finally!! im pumped...even though I have to wait 4 weeks to get some of my favorite cd's back from Mazda...I am hoping I dont have to replace any of em...oh well...fuel computer unlock was well worth it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts