Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a Metrotown Mazda dealer in Burnaby and they were asking $26,100 before taxes for an automatic 5 door hatch and it didn't come with leather. This is way above the quoted MRSP on the website of $21,000.Anybody hae any other quotes from dealers?

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Whoa that's too steep. Try other dealers. The quote I got from Signature Mazda was around $24K (Can't remember the exact amount). Sport GT with AC, moonroof, no leather, no AT.

For $26,100, it should be fully-loaded with taxes included.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The quotes I am receiving for Sunridge MAzda are way above MRSP as well. For a GT Sedan w/GFX + Auto was quoted 24, 498 before taxes. I am definitely waiting. The dealers have all the leverage right now, wait a while.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Brand New model the dealers are going to hike up the prices for a while. Just wait a few months it'll drop

·
Registered
34 Posts
downtown mazda in toronto quoted me 30k with all taxes for a fully loaded sport gt. but they were willing to take $500 off without any bargaining, so im sure i could have done better.

im going to wait a couple of months for the initial sales rush to die off... in ealry spring they will be more reasonable. i hope.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Nuvada said:
Brand New model the dealers are going to hike up the prices for a while. Just wait a few months it'll drop
yeah, just wait a bit.

the car's supposed to start out at 16k.

heck, if you're gonna spend $26,000 you can get an RSX.

·
Registered
177 Posts
For $26100 the car is fully loaded with all options cuz I got my M3 hatch there and I was charged that price plus tax which is $29XXX close to $30000. Nope I would not spend the $26000 on RSX simply cuz even if you have enough $$$$$ to purchase the car you might not have the money $$$$$$ to pay for the insurance. But damn the RSX is a really nice car damn I was about to get that a few months ago damn ICBC!!!!!!!!!!!! ICBC you @[email protected]%%&& (need to express my disapproval).

·
Registered
396 Posts
you could get an rsx for 26k, but it would be base.
i'd still take a fully loaded mz3 over a base rsx

·
Banned
868 Posts
Mine was $24900 before tax.

No leather, but rest is all there. SportGT+auto+moonroof+A/C+metallic paint.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Anyone think they'll drop to MSRP soon enough?
or maybe in a year?

·
Registered
60 Posts
wao!!! some steep prices you guys have mentioned here....

I got mine at MSRP.........I would not pay a cent more than MSRP

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got my MZ3 sedan GT w/ GFX and auto for about $24K before taxes. The dealer is only willing to throw in a set of wheel locks. That's it. For other options, the dealer is willing to sell them to me below MSRP. That's about it. :( Since the car is so hot, the price will tend to be expensive now. Maybe better to wait for a while. BTW, out of curiosity, do you think the car will be cheaper if they follows Toyota/Saturn/Acura approach in selling the cars?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I got my Sport GT today at Signature Mazda, auto, a/c, moonroof.. i printed out the build-your-car price from mazda.ca, even the lease payment figures. And the dealer matched exactly the figures for me. I didn't bargain and they didn't raise the MSRP.

I got mine at $24290 ($21385 + auto$1000 + a/c$1000 + moonroof$800), i guess a little rounded up, plus freightPDI and taxes came to $28871.18

They were trying to charge me more on my monthly payment saying that the figures on their website is not correct, just an estimate. I got them to call the regional head office and finally they had to honoured them.

It's a very nice car, i love it. Interior is way better than the RSX IMO. But RSX is nice too.

·
Registered
432 Posts
OH.. and I got the X-box too! And also they are doing a free set of tire promotion on all 2004. Which means your next 4 new tires are free if you service at their dealership.

·
Registered
432 Posts
No.. they are being very tricky about this..

The reason i found out before i got my car is that i saw an ad from Wolfe Mazda with the "lifetime free oil change and filter" promotion.. and so i brought with me the newspaper and asked if they would match it.. No was the answer but i showed kinda pissed.. so they said instead they had another in house promotion.. which is the free set of tires thing..

But as i was waiting in the showroom for their discussion in their office.. i overheard the other saleman telling everything up front to another walk-in customers, all the offers and promotions they have bla bla bla.. i was more pissed..

So i guess if you want a good deal.. don't show how much you want the car.. instead show how much you DON'T want it!!

Cheers :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, First Post!

I just signed a deal for a Blue GT Sport. I pretty much had to go to
3 different dealers :shock: before i was satified with the deal that i got.

Made them throw in the mp3 option at msrp!

Just kept on making it seem like i was getting a deal elsewhere.
Throwing names (managers at other dealers) and walking once
or twice helps! Bas***ds are making 1600 over invoice plus rebate!

·
Registered
34 Posts
gummcgay Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:15 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! Free set of tires. That should save you lots of money. Did they advertise about this promotion?
I called Signature after seeing the ad in the paper - Free tires for life. The salesrep told me MSRP (even though a Big SALE notation was on the pictures of the MZ3s), but they were giving tires for life (probably what gummcgay said - 1 pair), and XBox.

I did NOT pay MSRP, AND got the XBox, and some freebies. You CAN negotiate if you are persistent.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts