Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
spicoli: just exactly what are you going to complain about? No offence, but you don't have a valid reason to complain and request a "warranty" on paint if your car has rock chips on it. Even if Mazda had put 3-4 coats of clear on the hood, you'd still get rock chips. I'm sorry if I sound offensive, but I have worked at both a bodyshop and a dealership, and for someone to "complain"/warranty about rock chips on a car with 5000kms is WRONG.

· Registered
62 Posts
So, what exactly are you gonna tell them? That the paint isn't "tough" enough to withstand rock chips?

And just how many people have you talked to about this "legit" concern?

If you understand that complaining isn't going to get you anywhere (yet you seem intent on doing so), and you aren't (you can't) claim it under warranty, then does that make you a.... "Whiner"?

I'm glad you don't care about my opinions as to what is right/wrong. Oh well, come to think about it, I do hope that you get a new paint job out of it. In the end, you'll have a car with a different coloured hood and bumper. You might as well tell them to use a "single stage" paint instead of the standard base/clear.

- The Wise One. Thanks, I'm beginning to like the sound of that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.