Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Cojle_Manojle said:
They are probably not going to do anything about this unless they get a significant number of complaints.
This seems to be an issue with newer cars (EPA related?), even pricier vehicles like MB. BTW, many Protege owners are pissed about low chip resistance.
Which means that Mazda, nor any other manufacturer, is "going to do anything" - some newer paints are less chip-resistant. But, what baffles me a bit is the number of chips some of you guys are getting, with city addresses - what's going on? Down here in Niagara, even with about 4000km now, only have a couple small ones (that I touch up and wax every three months or so).

· Registered
127 Posts
One stone chip

I'm wondering if all of the paint colors have the same durability?

I did a close check on my silver hatch this morning and there was ONE only - and I mean close check - after 4500 km. And I don't slouch along.

Granted the side skirts in front of rear wheels are being sandblasted, but that's a different problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.