Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washed my car today for the first time in a few weeks and my hood is chipped all over!! I've got about 5000KM on it now, but the amount of stonechips is insane. My 95 Volvo had less than this! I'm seriously thinking about complaining to my dealer or Mazda. Although I'm sure it will get me nowhere.
Anyone else having problems with stone/paintchips?

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zephyrantes said:
spicoli: just exactly what are you going to complain about? No offence, but you don't have a valid reason to complain and request a "warranty" on paint if your car has rock chips on it. Even if Mazda had put 3-4 coats of clear on the hood, you'd still get rock chips. I'm sorry if I sound offensive, but I have worked at both a bodyshop and a dealership, and for someone to "complain"/warranty about rock chips on a car with 5000kms is WRONG.
Thanks for the constructive critisism o wise one. As I said, I know it has nothing to do with warranty and complaining would be in vain. My point is, there is a problem here, others have complained about it. 25-30 stone chips in a couple of months is TOO much and I have a legitimate concern about it. Of course I'm expecting stone chips over time, but so many so fast raises concern about the quality of the finish of my car.
And frankly, I dont care what YOU think is WRONG.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bombadil said:
One of my cars is a '97 Corolla that has 73,000 miles on it. I took at look at it tonight and counted 6 stone chips. I can hardly believe someone would have 25-30 after 3,000 miles, unless they follow gravel trucks in to work at 65mph.
My point exactly. I'm not impressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.