Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new tires mounted on Monday and they are the shit!
The only thing is that they rub in the back when I hit a big bump. I checked my tires the morning after I heard them rub, once on both sides, and they had a string of rubber peeled off on each side. I felt the inside of my rear fender and almost cut my fingers on the the inner edge of the fender. Not wanting that to happen again I grabbed a baseball bat and a heat gun and bent that sharp lip up out of the way but they still rub a little.
If I was still on my stock shocks with the Cobb springs it would be rubbing constantly!! I am so happy with my Koni shocks! I am going to remove the rears and adjust them to make them stiffer and then either rent a fender roller or go to a body shop to get it done.
I will post some pictures later today.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Damn, not good news! I ordered 18x8" +45 wheels and I'm planning on getting 235/40/18 tires and drop it on Cobb/Eibach Pro springs. I figured rolling the rear fenders would be enough to eliminate rubbing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
good stuff man... i bet those pics will help alot of us here with rx-8 wheels! im still unsure of what direction i want to go with my rx-8 wheels... 1. stay stock suspension put 225/45/18 to fill in the wheel gap a bit... 2. go 235's like yourself and drop the car on shocks/springs... how long do you think your dunlops will last? i've been considering those... but only daily drive my speed so i might get something that might not be as grippy but last a lil longer... looking at yoko s. drives... but like i said it WOULD be nice to have those dunlops for fun :) ha

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
My main concern is rubbing on the front. I have 18x8 +48 and rub on my right front with a load. I really want 235's. I may set my Koni's to firm and see if that helps. I'll probably do coilovers this summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts