1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
They are very similar to the stock tires except for being a bit heavier and having a slightly greater width and diameter.
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
like GT1 im a bit confused.
same tire, 10mm wider, should stick a bit better due to width, but clicking on the links show they are both ranked #1 because they are the same.

·
Registered
906 Posts
[quote author=bani link=topic=67325.msg1159140#msg1159140 date=1169265654]
the tread pattern is exactly the same, these tires are nearly identical. i dont think its worth $800+ for marginally better performance.

now thats a tire!
[/quote]

Tread pattern is not the only thing that makes a tire. The Pole Position uses a much better compound resulting in an AA traction rating instead of just A. It really is a better tire.

I wouldn't go out and replace my perfectly good stockers for them, but I would spend the extra on them when the stockers were worn out.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if i get get a much better traction with the pole position...its worth $600....it just like a performance upgrade....need more traction to fight steering Torque.....and again i got a trade in $280 for my stock tires

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
true...but the Potenza RE-01R would cost another $200 bucks....already check!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also...plan to autocross in a few months....will not do that with stock tires....

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
should have got competition tires for autox then. 8)

i simply dont see the pole position tires giving $600 worth of extra performance over stockers.

for ~$800 you could have got a complete new set of wheels and tires off tirerack, so you would have had a set of wheels for autox and a set of wheels for daily driving.

sorry to say this but i dont really think you got a very good deal at all. but then its your money not mine 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts