Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had three people in the car for the first time in a long time.....and if I cornered harder than my grandma, the tires on the back rubbed on the inside of my fenders. I've got a Mazdaspeed drop....will 225/35-18 fix my problem?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
no..it's the width of the rim and the amount of weight in your car.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Let me get this straight, they were rubbing on the inside lip of the fender? The metal part? Or was it rubbing on the black plastic inside the wheel well? I only ask because rubbing on the wheel well has been a common issue especially with the Hatch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
[quote author=formertegbeater link=topic=69141.msg1198615#msg1198615 date=1171077570]
.....and if I cornered harder than my grandma, the tires on the back rubbed on the inside of my fenders [/quote]

thats pretty hard to do in the back, even with 4 people in the car, unless you corner pretty hard.
i have rx8 wheels on 225/40/18s, dropped on Progress springs (2 fingers in the rear) + stock shocks, and the clearance is way more than enough.

here are your options:
-get some negative camber in the rear
-put spring spacers in between the spring coils so they dont compress as much
-dont put that many people in your car
-dont drive as hard as your grandma

·
Registered
761 Posts
If it is the metal part you can roll your fenders or put an eibach camber kit in and add negative camber. If it is the plastic inside the wheel well you can still use the eibach adjustable or even the mazdaspeed camber links and they will add positive camber pulling the top edge of the wheel away from the inside of the wheel well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts