Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased April 15th 2022 Mazda 3 preferred sedan with 17 miles on the odometer. Now at 500 miles on the odometer. My Mazda app displaying several times a day warning for airbag seat belt pretensioner malfunction. I thought it was glitch in the app as I never saw it on the dash. Called service department said they could get me in in 2 weeks. Just after the call the warning showed up on my dash for about 10 seconds. Call them back they said to bring it in in 5 days. Discovered a service bulletin dated March 17th 2022 for this exact problem. Design flaw in wire harness path layout two connection at airbag module. Service bulletin recommends cutting away portion of the plastic cover housing the airbag module and some of the foam cushioning then pinning a portion of the wire harness to the steel frame with a plastic grommet. If they knew about this safety issue why did they let me drive off with this car? I've lodged a complaint with Mazda corporate. I will be bringing the car in Tuesday morning to pick up a loaner. God only knows if and when they can get the parts to get this fixed. Service bulletin no. 08-001/22. This is my fourth new Mazda in the last 8 years.. and may be my last.

·
Registered
323 Posts
bulletins dont usually make it to the workshop floor for quite some time
is the bulletin a recall
or worded ,if problem occurs then carry out this action

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not a recall. I have however filed a complaint with the NHTSA. I'm not sure if they're going to accept it in order to force a recall. I also plan on contacting the Federal Trade Commission. This crap about not doing anything until a customer complains is unacceptable. So is "bulletins dont usually make it to the workshop floor for quite some time". I or my passenger could have been seriously killed or injured if I had been in an accident at speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts