Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the touring hatchback that uses the highbeam as the drl and I really like the LED drl on the GT trim. Is it possible to get the GT light fixtures and swap them in?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I was at the dealership getting my first oil change and was able to pop a few questions about doing this. Unfortunately things didn't look good. The headlight I would need, the GT+ with the LED channels, is a HID enclosure, with EACH lens costing $1000. Also due to the nature of how they come, this is without any locking rings, harness, lights, ect. So I would need to buy all the parts separate and build it myself. Also the tech I was talking with who joined us at the parts desk was still not sure how the extra LED DRL light harness would need to be supported, or if it comes with the power box needed to make it run.

So yea, maybe I might someone skilled who can do the circular led mod, but otherwise it looks like im gonna have to fall back to something like switch back signal lights. ^^ I'm looking to turn my DRL to something LED, but I can't touch the existing lights because they are my high beams.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.