Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone here can help. Recently bought 2016 3 i-Touring w/ 36k miles. The Green Lights-On Dash indicator light blinks regardless of what setting I have the lights turned to. Parking lights, Headlights, Brights, Auto, Fog/Driving Lights, On or Off- no matter what combination I have the dash indicator continues to blink as long as the car is on.

I've checked each and every light (both exterior and interior) - all seems to function properly. DRL work just fine also. The manual doesn't address this. I do not the AFS light function in my vehicle. I've contacted the dealer and they have no idea why it would blink as nothing in any manuals indicates why that light would blink.

Can someone help me figure this out? This is the light that blinks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update...I replaced every exterior bulb and checked all connections. Everything works perfect. But the light still blinks as soon as the car is turned on. I can't seem to figure it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does the iTouring have an Automatic Light sensor/rain sensor?

If so, maybe you've accidentally blocked it if it's on top of dash or mirror. Other then that, not sure, maybe the module went bad. I also couldn't find anything that causes instrument cluster external lights indicator to blink.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the iTouring have an Automatic Light sensor/rain sensor?

If so, maybe you've accidentally blocked it if it's on top of dash or mirror. Other then that, not sure, maybe the module went bad. I also couldn't find anything that causes instrument cluster external lights indicator to blink.
It does have both. And both seem to be working but I'll double check the sensor and make sure it's not obstructed. I didn't think of that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It does have both. And both seem to be working but I'll double check the sensor and make sure it's not obstructed. I didn't think of that.
Hi Volcanic526, Can you please let me know if you were able to get this fixed? My car also has same issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually just got it fixed. Had to take it to the dealer. They had to align/calibrate the headlights. Once they adjusted them back to factory specifications, the light stopped blinking. They said it appeared someone had got in and messed with the headlights....possibly trying to upgrade the lights or something.

It wasn't cheap, but warranty covered it for me. If you can find a repair shop that knows how to calibrate them, you may have some luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts