Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to this.

1/ Wanted to know if anyone has been able to remove the front head light covers. Somehow something has got on my lights, both inside and out of the cover.
If there's a process, could someone be so kind as to let me know. I see on the top of the cover there is a screw and some clips that over hang.. so it appears to me if should be able to come off.

2/ Radiator. Is this supposed to be lose?

thanks for your help in advance.

· Registered
563 Posts
Although I haven't done this on a 2015, in general the headlights are sealed with some material, usually similar to butyl rubber. After removing the headlight housing, which typically involves first removing the bumper, you can soften the sealant with a heat gun, working your way around the housing and prying the lens apart from the housing gradually as the sealant softens. Some housings also have metal clips holding them together and if yours do you need to remove them as well. Once the sealant is softened all the way around you can separate the lens from the housing. New butyl rubber makes resealing them relatively easy, It can be purchased on Amazon. If this fails, just buy new housings. Oh, and there are great videos out there. Don't be so dismissive of offers of advice.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, the 2015 headlights are not like this. They dont have a rubber seal around them, as shown. They have a screw and clips that I can see on the top. It is plastic against plastic.. there is no rubber seal. I really need to find someone that owns a 2015 Mazda 3 to discuss this with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts