Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about trading in my 07 for a 2014
I like the options of the 2.5l GT (Hatch) with Tech Package for the additional features...

But my local Mazda dealer doesn't have any in stock but could get one

The alternative is, and here is the rare part
They have a 2014 S Touring 2.5l Hatch with a ton of upgrades, 1,207 miles, and asking $30,600 roughly the same price as the GT

Here are the upgrades the dealer sent me:
Mazda Appearance Package
Corksport Axle Back Exhaust
Corksport Short Ram Intake
Corksport Hood Struts
Corksport LED Interior Lighting Kit
Corksport LED Fog Lights
RSR Lowering Springs
Pin Striping
Painted Badges, Bumper Guard, Engine Cover, Door Mirror Caps, and Brake Calipers
All Weather Floor Mats
Window Tinting

They also said they would throw in the stock wheels as well as all factory warranties continue

What are your thoughts?

Definitely a tough decision, but looking up a few of the upgrades make it very tempting, and most of the upgrades are stuff I would end up wanting/getting in the future

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
That is pretty cool, what features does the GT have that this car doesn't have?
I'm not familiar with the 2014s but I think it comes down to what is missing and how important it is.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's actually very common.
Our local dealership that came to my event this weekend has a new 6 with an Autoexe front bumper that they're trying to sell.
Darn :-( thought it was pretty rare

That is pretty cool, what features does the GT have that this car doesn't have?
I'm not familiar with the 2014s but I think it comes down to what is missing and how important it is.
With the GT you could opt for the Tech Package, that has the I-Eloop braking, smart city brake assist, radar cruise control

Besides that from Touring to GT isn't much of a difference just more refined

·
Registered
8,599 Posts

With the GT you could opt for the Tech Package, that has the I-Eloop braking, smart city brake assist, radar cruise control

Not rare, but still fairly uncommon.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
It's definitely not something all dealerships do, that's for sure, it just depends how good of a connection a shop is to a dealership.

ei Jim Ellis Mazda Atlanta has a good connection with Paul at Mazmart; who is the only importer of Autoexe parts in the US, so that's why they have one.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
It's definitely not something all dealerships do, that's for sure, it just depends how good of a connection a shop is to a dealership.

ei Jim Ellis Mazda Atlanta has a good connection with Paul at Mazmart; who is the only importer of Autoexe parts in the US, so that's why they have one.
As opposed to the dealerships in my area that suck at life and only care about ripping off soccer moms. They never do anything cool.

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts

Meh, get the one with the mods, I say... if you give two shits about driving smart city brake assist and radar cruise control are just annoying marketing gimmics. Dunno about the braking, but still... just one more thing that will eventually fail.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Do you have a link to an online ad of the car? I'd love to check it out.
Dont do it bro - I smell a sniper.... :)

GT standard equipment not included w/ Touring:

HID Adaptive auto leveling headlights
Rain sensing wipers
Power moonroof (not even available as an option on Touring)
Auto Dimming rear view mirror
Perforated leather-trimmed sport seats

Just that standard equipment is IMO better than the corksport stuff - which you can always buy anyway. Or get a sponsorship and get the stuff for half price, go to a few car shows, take some pics, and be done with it.

Get a GT, who knows how many holeshots and J-turns got done in that car for 1200 miles. I know I beat the $#[email protected] out of demos, and I bet many more people are worse than me.

Plus the GT will be worth more if you trade it in/sell it after a few years

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have a link to an online ad of the car? I'd love to check it out.
Up here in Erie, PA

GT standard equipment not included w/ Touring:

HID Adaptive auto leveling headlights
Rain sensing wipers
Power moonroof (not even available as an option on Touring)
Auto Dimming rear view mirror
Perforated leather-trimmed sport seats

Just that standard equipment is IMO better than the corksport stuff - which you can always buy anyway. Or get a sponsorship and get the stuff for half price, go to a few car shows, take some pics, and be done with it.

Get a GT, who knows how many holeshots and J-turns got done in that car for 1200 miles. I know I beat the $#[email protected] out of demos, and I bet many more people are worse than me.

Plus the GT will be worth more if you trade it in/sell it after a few years

Yep, that's my dilemma, is the GT's extra features worth it
Or the Touring +Corksport stuff the better deal

The tech package adds about $2600 for the extra features, and it's hard to justify those few additions are worth the extra money

I do a lot of highway driving, but I can't guarantee in the long run to get enough out of the features, and indeed as mentioned above, just something else that can go wrong, or another reason to take it back to the stealership that a local mechanice may not be able to fix, like issues with the i-Eloop

·
Registered
10 Posts

The S GT is the only trim to include the real leather seats. The iGT trim uses a leatherette.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Up here in Erie, PA

I do a lot of highway driving, but I can't guarantee in the long run to get enough out of the features, and indeed as mentioned above, just something else that can go wrong, or another reason to take it back to the stealership that a local mechanice may not be able to fix, like issues with the i-Eloop
Personally, i-Eloop seems a little silly to me. The gains are 1, maybe 2, mpg... That's not really a game changer for the risk you take with the newer technology on the car. (like you said, something to break). Not to mention that with the i-Eloop brakes you HAVE to let the capacitors drain when doing any brake work, which can take up to 40 minutes.

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
Off topic:

Why do the caps need to be drained? I don't think it makes sense.
I think the technology is brilliant, and I don't think it will require too much maintenance.
No idea how the system is set up so I dunno. Maybe so you don't electrocute yourself? :p
I agree the technology is a good idea, it is just not for everyone. Probably good for people who drive around town all day, not good for people like me that only do highway, and not in rush hour.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I know a little about how it works, and honestly, you need to "disconnect" ieloop as much as you would need to disconnect the 12v battery while doing a brake job. So...

I work on electric racing motorcycles, so the idea of using electricity to aid gas engines have always fascinated me. It is great to see a system like this in mass production on a car like Mazda3. However, I do have my doubts about whether the cost justifies the mpg gains. Nonetheless, it is a great way to boost efficiency.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts