Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday, I was driving in a small town (on a National Holiday), and my Mazda 3 became stuck in 6th gear, and I had to park it and call a tow truck. They took it to the dealer where I bought it. When I parked it, the check engine light was on, as well as the traction control light. So I went to the dealer this morning after renting a car, and no warning lights, and no problems. I think someone zeroed the codes. I test drove it around the lot, and it functioned properly, but I suggested to the tech that it be driven at normal operating temp, and to check for codes.
This car has 83K miles on it, and still looks new under the hood. I have had it for 15 months and this is the first problem.

Any suggestions or similar experiences?

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it was the battery cables. There were many low voltage codes in the computer. Problem is solved, and the car is as good as ever.
Battery connections are the root of all evil in modern autos.

· Registered
388 Posts
Not all of us read every thread. Sorry I missed your post. Happy you resolved it.

On a side note I have responded a few times about the inadequate grounding cable as well power lead to the starter. On my own Mazda I have added larger power cable and a few extra grounding cables in various areas.

The curious thing with your Mazda is that and DTC even clear will be in temporary memory showing under resent codes. Also, the monitors should have been check for readiness state.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts