Mazda3 Forums banner

2013 mazda 3 I sedan skyactiv PS issue

822 views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  lonestarbandit 
#1 ·
So ladies and gents.
I would guess this isn't a new issue but I failed to find similar diagnosed conditions.
Something has gone wrong with my wife's PS on her mazda. I've changed the serpentine belt, reset the ECU (battery disconnect) drained completely and refilled and burped the air out of system.......
The foolish car continues to randomly lose power steering while turning on CEL and BAT lights along with the PS. It never leaves any codes for me to read and Im sure the dealer will just start doing expensive part swaps hoping that fixes things. I am reasonably mechanically adept and yes I do realize the dealer will have to reprogram a replacement pump should I need one.
Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on and why those 3 lights come on together yet leave no codes?
Please help if you can, as I do not know the
Solution.....hoping for a fix I can implement myself.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Well. Bought 60 buck fancy battery charging and starter tester on Amazon.
It informed me my alternator didnt exist. (no charge detected) and my battery was good.
Now this is wife's car and she and my mother have been driving around in 105 deg heat with AC blasting so impossible its running on just a battery for weeks. This angers me so I go to local auto parts house and they fire up their big tester. Alternator is not MIA its doing great and the BATTERY has dead cells.
This pos consumer grade pile is going right back to Amazon. Anyway new battery is in.
Will it solve the issue IDK. Weird electrical power supply has been known to upset ECU etc on these cars, we will see.

#4 ·
All right for anyone following the thread ....
It appears that a COMPLETE drain and fill and the new battery not with a dead cell have sorted the problem. I took wifey to practice parallel parking and after an hour of her sawing at the wheel no lights no nothing.
Proof is in the pudding as they say.
If you have mystery issues check that charging/elect system !

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.