Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this on Mazda USA's website inventory check. It lists a "Mid-year Edition" for both auto and manual 2012 Touring and GT models. I've spent some time trying to figure it out and here are a couple things I came up with:

GT Auto MSRP changes from $24,200 to $23,570 (mid-year)
Technology package changes from $1400 to $2135 (mid-year)
S HP goes from 167 to 165 (mid-year)
S Touring Manual MSRP changes from $21,800 to $21,200 (mid-year)

There are more than just those differences. Their site wont let you configure this new "mid-year" thing. There's a couple things that may be happening. Maybe they are just juggling money around and bringing down the MSRP and making people pay more for the tech package. Edmunds says a diesel is supposed to be coming....but both engines are listed as 2.5L. Finally, the url on their site changes the designator for the "mid year" version of the GT from "SGT" to "RSGT".

·
Registered
8 Posts
According to Kelly Blue Book, Grand Touring models made after 9/9/11 have LED tail lights, navigation, and push button start standard. All those features were included in the Tech package on models built before 9/9/11, so they say the price of the Tech package dropped in price from $2,135 to $1,400. So this all is very confusing...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Would be nice if they offered the skyactiv 6-spd manual with the Grand Touring package.

Skyactiv-D also intrigues me. I must be European at heart...manuals and diesels get my engine going.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
[quote author=Joe Schmoe link=topic=202661.msg4180278#msg4180278 date=1328006362]
I noticed this on Mazda USA's website inventory check. It lists a "Mid-year Edition" for both auto and manual 2012 Touring and GT models. I've spent some time trying to figure it out and here are a couple things I came up with:

GT Auto MSRP changes from $24,200 to $23,570 (mid-year)
Technology package changes from $1400 to $2135 (mid-year)
S HP goes from 167 to 165 (mid-year)
S Touring Manual MSRP changes from $21,800 to $21,200 (mid-year)

There are more than just those differences. Their site wont let you configure this new "mid-year" thing. There's a couple things that may be happening. Maybe they are just juggling money around and bringing down the MSRP and making people pay more for the tech package. Edmunds says a diesel is supposed to be coming....but both engines are listed as 2.5L. Finally, the url on their site changes the designator for the "mid year" version of the GT from "SGT" to "RSGT".
[/quote]

:shock:

So what did Mazda do now?

1) Finally realized looking at the Sat-Nav shouldn't be a daily eye-test for drivers?
2) Going the route of Apple, stupid high resolution on a stupid small screen?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Better off just getting a mount for your smartphone to sit on the dash, bigger screen and closer, more up-to-date maps, and turn by turn navigation.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
+1 to phone mount. Although the integrated nav is awesome in its own right. Screen size isn't an issue for me, and the fact that the nav voice volume can be adjusted is awesome (my phone's nav volume corresponds with the media volume, so it's not so great all the time)

ProclipUSA is your friend

1 - 7 of 7 Posts