Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have no tail lights and lights on steering wheel, climate control, and most of stereo. fuse keeps burning out. I removed all the chargers and it worked for a bit but then went out again..
I went to check the bulbs, bulb sockets, and connectors to make sure it wasn't water damage and found the connector has wiring going right into the light housing and I don't see a way of replacing the bulbs if there is something funky but what I was able to see, it looked like in good working order..
Aside from replacing entire light housings which might not fix the problem.. does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so discovered something. A while back the relay for the fog lights got water damaged and short circuited. I tried replacing it with a standard universal relay. This didnt work. one of the wires led to a PCM of some type and the second the power went through the bulb, the power went out. So Instead if wired it as stand alone as I could. constant power coming from a fuse tape for the fog light fuse and the signal power coming form the low beam fuse. This worked perfect but for some reason the tail light fuse was getting burned out. Both negative/grounds coming out of the relay for the constant power and the signal/switch are connected to 1 single wire that is grounded to fender. I noticed if the fogs got turned on, the tail light went out. If I shock the ground it would connect and the tail light fuse would blow.

Does this give anyone anys ideas? Should I seperate the 2 grounding wires? Would it make a difference if I ground it right to the negative battery terminal?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts