Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hope in in the correct spot. So I have a 2012 mazda 3 I with the 2.0. Recently I hadn't been able to shift out of park. So I've been doing it manually with the switch to the right of the shifter. Well I brought it in to get wheel bearings and bearing hub assembly replaced. On my way home I noticed the transmission being weird. It will start off shifting fine but after a bit it will start getting to 6000 rpm before it will shift a gear. Then it like to stay in lower gears. If I try speeding up quite a bit it will start switching to higher gears but as soon as I take my foot off the gas it drops down into 2nd gear and stays there for quite some time. I have brought it to 3 different shops that do transmissions and all three said there is nothing wrong with my transmission. Could this be happening if my shift interlock solenoid is bad? Because I can no longer put my automatic shifter to the left and manually switch between all five gears. I've checked fuses, replaced my brake light switch, transmission fluid is full. I just can't figure it out and don't want to spend more money at another shop on diagnostics just to tell me the same as the others because that cost me almost 300 for nothing. Has anybody else had this issue?

·
Registered
316 Posts
The symptoms you described definitely indicate one or more issues, so I suspect that none of those shops were able to duplicate them. You need to have a tech take a ride with you, and then you can point out to them what's happening.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts