Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I've been doing a lot of searching and reading, but I can't quite find an answer to my question. I recently acquired a 3i that's about as basic as you can get. It did not come with cruise control, which I would like to add. I see that some have added it to older models, but I haven't found any 2nd gen installs. So I have 2 questions:

1. What parts do I need to buy to install? I'm assuming that this is a pnp kind of install and no programming from the dealer is necessary.
  2. I've seen pictures of different setups with the cruise control buttons. One version has it on the right spoke of the steering wheel while the other has additional buttons on the left and right of the bottom spoke. Does it make a difference which setup? I think I'd prefer the first option.

Thanks.

Registered
Seeing as how everyone put the gen 2 engine into the gen 1 chassis with like 0 electrial mods or lost of accessories we can infer the it'll be the same procedure and parts for your gen 2. Interior piece appearance will likely vary.

Reactions: lekmedm

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I just noticed that I mistakenly posted this under the tech info section for the 1st gens. Would a moderator please move this to the 2nd gen tech info?

Apologies.

Registered
I have a 2011. I simply bought the OEM cruise control switch (BBM4-66-4M0C), went to the dealer and after 1 hour it was done. Not sure for the 2012 but it's the same gen so IDK. Best bet is to call your local dealer because you WILL have to go there so they can activate cruise in the car computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts