Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im shopping for a new daily driver to complement my boosted honda s2000 since my wife is getting my Audi Q5 and i really want the MS3 however the only thing holding me back is that they dont offer the white color...yet in canada they have the white WTF!!!

anyone have the skinny if the white will be released for 2011? im not in a hurry so i can wait for the white to come out if ever...if not ill just go with the silver grey color.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
There is talk of it coming out when they release the 2011 model. Should be by late summer or beginnning/mid fall. Thats usually when they switch model year numbers. The only thing we could expect is really color change and hopefully white will be coming. Nobody really knows right now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time poster here. This is pretty relavent to my concerns. I love the MS3 and want to get one, but I would like to see another color option or two. The Celestial blue is just a bit too bright on the blue scale for me. I'd like to see a darker blue, white, of course, and perhaps a dark brown/chocolate.

·
Registered
450 Posts
[quote author=thadood link=topic=177005.msg3748840#msg3748840 date=1280716159]
First time poster here. This is pretty relavent to my concerns. I love the MS3 and want to get one, but I would like to see another color option or two. The Celestial blue is just a bit too bright on the blue scale for me. I'd like to see a darker blue, white, of course, and perhaps a dark brown/chocolate.
[/quote]

The Mazda6 has a color called Kona Blue that would look great on the MS3. I'm not a big fan of the Crystal White Pearl on even the regular MZ3, but I'd love to see a 'pure' white color option. It's odd that the Mazda3 (and even the Mazda2) offer Crystal White Pearl but the Mazda6 has a regular white (Performance White)...

But I must disagree with you on the Dark Brown/Chocolate suggestion....maybe Graphite would look good, though?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
[quote author=allfiredup link=topic=177005.msg3749003#msg3749003 date=1280737071]
[quote author=thadood link=topic=177005.msg3748840#msg3748840 date=1280716159]
[/quote]

The Mazda6 has a color called Kona Blue that would look great on the MS3. I'm not a big fan of the Crystal White Pearl on even the regular MZ3, but I'd love to see a 'pure' white color option. It's odd that the Mazda3 (and even the Mazda2) offer Crystal White Pearl but the Mazda6 has a regular white (Performance White)...

But I must disagree with you on the Dark Brown/Chocolate suggestion....maybe Graphite would look good, though?

[/quote]

Naw man, what you need is some mud butt.

In the 1st gen, surely the Crystal White Pearl, Cobalt Blue, and True Red gets most of the attention. But the Metropolitan Grey Mica is a true dark horse! Yeah it doesn't look all that special at the dealership, but when it's lowered and mated with a complementing set of wheels...MGM is easily one of the best colors out there.

In the 2nd gen, I can see the same thing happening with that Liquid Silver. Again the color looks blah on pictures, but in real life, it's stunning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haha, what can I say, there's something about a brownish/chocolate color that I dig on a car. As for the Celestial, I definitely think that the picture on Mazda's site doesn't do it justice, as I have seen plenty of video of the color. It looks awesome during the night, but during the day, it's still a bit bright for me.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I was just browsing and found edmunds.com listing the 2011 Mazdaspeed3. No color changes but... Adapative Bi-Xenon HID Heads, LED tails and rain-sensing wipers are being added as part of the Tech Package. All in all, fully loaded MS3 would cost above $27K MSRP. Only $1K more for the added features which would cost you around $4-5K adding them with the 2010's.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2011/mazda/mazdaspeed3/101347777/standard.html

·
Registered
790 Posts
I would love to get the CWP if they'll offer it but looks like they won't. The Celestial Blue looks so tacky IMO. But for some reason, it looks nice on hatches and Speed3's with dark tint. I think I'll go with Velocity Red if they won't offer white. The exhaust soot will dirty your car's ass anyway if it's white ;)

·
Registered
790 Posts
And I agree with MGM being a dark horse color. It doesn't scream "I'm fast!" or "Race me!". It just blends in then, surprise!

I know because I have one ;)

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
The Graphite Mica sold on the NA 3's is pretty similar to the MGM, that'd be my color of choice for the MS3, but CwhiteP and LSilverM look pretty good on the hatches too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good colour choice.

·
Registered
833 Posts
[quote author=casey.weber link=topic=177005.msg3741364#msg3741364 date=1280179173]
somewhat irrelevant post, but, Canada FTMFW.
[/quote]
+100000000
not 100% sure but I think we had led tails first as well. lol.
just get the speed in black then lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts