Mazda3 Forums banner

2011 Mazda 3 2.0 L 2000 cc Federal (OBD error code P01310 and P0171)

Tags
emmision
1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  JeremyWBrewer 
#1 ·
I was getting diagnose code P0171 and P0130 . I want to change the O2 sensor (B1S1) , the Evap canister and Fuel leak detection pump. I could find the parts for the first two items but didn't find the Fuel Leak detection pump. Can anybody suggest or provide a link to get the LDP?
Thanks in advance

#4 ·
Did they discuss what diagnosis they did, or list it on paperwork they gave you? I'm assuming the second code you posted was actually a P0131, because there's no such thing as P01310. And based on those 2 codes, the mandatory diagnostic test would be checking for intake leaks (and exhaust leaks isn't a bad idea either).

Frankly it's absolutely absurd to just replace 3 separate parts like they are suggesting, with or without diagnosis. And if they didn't do at least the leak test, then they're just out to lunch.

If you can't do any diagnostic testing, or find a shop that can, then I could maybe agree with replacing only the upstream O2 sensor, based on the codes. Personally, I wouldn't do that without testing first, but lots of people do and I'm not going to argue with anyone who hangs parts based on codes, without diagnosis. But there is no way I would replace the other 2 parts they suggested, unless they could show specific test results showing that they're defective. Your vehicle, your choice.

#5 ·
Yes they did the complete diagnosis and the code is P0131 . ( earlier typing mistake).I could do that. Just a day before the diagnostic test, I passed the emission test from the state inspection site. I assume the leak might be very minor. I will ask them to get the diagnostic result for the LDP.

#6 ·
.... I will ask them to get the diagnostic result for the LDP.
I can't wait to find out how they tested that part, considering that it's not even installed in your vehicle. After seeing 'canister', I basically just blocked LDP out of my mind, because the EVAP canister should never have relationship to those codes. But after thinking about it just a bit, I realized that I'd never seen anything written about that part on my vehicle. So after a bit of research, it appears that the LDP was used on just a few earlier Mazda models, but not on the later ones, such as our 2011 3.

So how much confidence do you have in a collection of bozos that tell you to replace a part that doesn't even exist on your vehicle:oops:

#7 ·
I was getting diagnose code P0171 and P0130 . I want to change the O2 sensor (B1S1) , the Evap canister and Fuel leak detection pump. I could find the parts for the first two items but didn't find the Fuel Leak detection pump. Can anybody suggest or provide a link to get the LDP?
Thanks in advance
These years do not have an LDP. They have what called an vent solenoid. This does basically same thing. It is a little valve back by fuel tank. One end goes to canister while other goes to fuel neck. P0171 is generic dtc for lean codes. If only dtc is P0131 and 171 just stick to B1S1 this is not an oxygen sensor. It is an Air Fuel sensor. A wide band. This will cause both of those. A/F sensor is heart of the performance of your engine. measured in mA where as a normal O2 is measured in Volts. LDP or vent solenoid and A/F have nothing to do with eachother. Vent solenoid is your evap system. They are not linked here. Only link between engine and evap is your purge. You would have different dtcs for this kinda of issue. P0131 is an A/F issue. P0171 is a bystander dtc for it as your fuel trims are off. Master Mazda tech Orlando, FL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.