Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Wow... I never thought US Ford can pull off a design like this. Definitely a good looking car, though I dont know if I'm feeling that truck looking steering wheel...

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
yeah other than a few interior bits that really irk me this car looks wonderful, im sure with the AWD its gonna be a heavy unit too, and a pretty high price for a "Taurus" but I really like it

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
[quote author=TheBlackBox link=topic=136367.msg2938966#msg2938966 date=1234746322]
base model LE at $25995
the performance SHO $35995
for the performance, expensive yes
just curious about the weight. i do love the gauges, well the color

[/quote]

Uhh, the site you linked says its $37,995 for the SHO.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
The original SHO was a mistake.. Ford initially planned to put those Yamaha engines in the Mustang IIRC, but the deal fell through, and they had a contract to fulfill, so they threw them in the Taurus.. lol.

I suppose this car is supposed to appeal to the aging muscle car fanatic. For that price though, I'd rather buy a used 5-series or new 3-series BMW.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
I think it looks good except for the back. Looks too.......thrown together? Just doesn't work for me. At least it doesn't look like a truly old-person's car like the 500/current-gen Taurus.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
see i kinda thought the same... and i think it still looks like an old persons car... imo

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=136367.msg2939360#msg2939360 date=1234754005]
The original SHO was a mistake.. Ford initially planned to put those Yamaha engines in the Mustang IIRC, but the deal fell through, and they had a contract to fulfill, so they threw them in the Taurus.. lol.

I suppose this car is supposed to appeal to the aging muscle car fanatic. For that price though, I'd rather buy a used 5-series or new 3-series BMW.
[/quote]

I thought the engine was origionally planned for a mid engine sports car, but the project was scrapped so funding could be used for designing the ford explorer.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
^ Yeah you're right... it was a mid-engine car. I guess I didnt remember correctly, lol. Funding was used to design the first ever Ford Explorer, but the rest about the Yamaha contract is valid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts